Author: Cathrina Maulion & Nikko Tuazon
Photography: Allan Sancon
Sunday, April 28, 2013 @ 3:34 pm | Views: 15320
Twelve senatorial aspirants participated in ABS-CBN’s Harapan 2013: The Senatorial Debate last Sunday, April 21, held at La Consolacion College, Manila.
Present were Team PNoy bets Bam Aquino, Risa Hontiveros, Jun Magsaysay Jr. and Koko Pimentel; UNA (United Nationalist Alliance) bets Ernesto Maceda and Mitos Magsaysay; Lito David, Marwil Llasos and JC delos Reyes of Ang Kapatiran Party; Teddy Casiño of Makabayan; and independent candidates Edward Hagedorn and Ramon Montaño.
In the “Paspasan” round, the candidates were given 15 seconds each to explain their respective stands on divorce, religious groups endorsing candidates, anti-dynasty law, and lowering the age of discernment in juvenile justice law.
They also answered questions by panelists comprised of senior reporter and anchor Lynda Jumilla, veteran journalist Tony Velasquez and University of the Philippines professor, Dr. Prospero de Vera. Some of the candidates were also asked by ordinary citizens about issues on health and poverty.
The candidates also faced each other in a one-on-one debate in a segment Harapan ng Kandidato sa Kandidato. They were paired by drawing lots held before the event.
Harapan 2013 Part Two will be aired on Sunday, April 28, 9:45pm on ABS-CBN.
- Kim Chiu, Melai Cantiveros and ex-housemates grace PBB All In Big Night August 27, 2014 05:15 PM
- How Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Billy Crystal stole the show at the Emmy Awards August 27, 2014 12:30 PM
- Julia Roberts, Sofia Vergara, Matthew McConaughey, Adam Levine dazzle at 66th Emmy Awards August 26, 2014 11:17 PM
- Daniel Matsunaga sheds tears upon winning PBB All In August 25, 2014 04:57 AM
- Paulo Avelino graces screening of Edna August 23, 2014 12:29 AM