Author: Cathrina Maulion & Nikko Tuazon
Photography: Allan Sancon
Sunday, April 28, 2013 @ 3:34 pm | Views: 15361
Twelve senatorial aspirants participated in ABS-CBN’s Harapan 2013: The Senatorial Debate last Sunday, April 21, held at La Consolacion College, Manila.
Present were Team PNoy bets Bam Aquino, Risa Hontiveros, Jun Magsaysay Jr. and Koko Pimentel; UNA (United Nationalist Alliance) bets Ernesto Maceda and Mitos Magsaysay; Lito David, Marwil Llasos and JC delos Reyes of Ang Kapatiran Party; Teddy Casiño of Makabayan; and independent candidates Edward Hagedorn and Ramon Montaño.
In the “Paspasan” round, the candidates were given 15 seconds each to explain their respective stands on divorce, religious groups endorsing candidates, anti-dynasty law, and lowering the age of discernment in juvenile justice law.
They also answered questions by panelists comprised of senior reporter and anchor Lynda Jumilla, veteran journalist Tony Velasquez and University of the Philippines professor, Dr. Prospero de Vera. Some of the candidates were also asked by ordinary citizens about issues on health and poverty.
The candidates also faced each other in a one-on-one debate in a segment Harapan ng Kandidato sa Kandidato. They were paired by drawing lots held before the event.
Harapan 2013 Part Two will be aired on Sunday, April 28, 9:45pm on ABS-CBN.
- Charlene Gonzalez: "There's beauty in 40." October 30, 2014 09:55 PM
- Janine Gutierrez, Elmo Magalona lead cast of More Than Words October 30, 2014 09:45 PM
- Kris Aquino, ABS-CBN executives grace Coco Martin's grand celebration October 30, 2014 06:48 PM
- Angelica Panganiban brought to hospital after premiere night, reveals co-star October 30, 2014 05:00 PM
- Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan, Pia Magalona, and Dimples Romana go for "cavity-free" household October 30, 2014 03:54 PM