[x]


"Manonood ka ng news, made-depressed ka. E, dito manonood ka, magkakapera ka pa," Willie Revillame says about his newest variety show on TV5. This will be aired on the same timeslot as the early evening news of other leading networks during weekdays.

Photo: Noel Orsal

"Alam mo kasi ako, hindi ko dinodiyos ang pera, hindi ko dinodiyos ang materyal. Ine-enjoy ko 'yong nakikita ko ang mga tao na masaya, 'yon lang ang kayamanan ko. Ewan ko, happiness ko talaga 'yong may nakikita akong masaya," Willie said.

Willie then related, "Kaya ko lang naisip 'yon, si Atty. [Boy] Reyno, sabi niya, 'Ano ba ang gusto mong ibalik sa mga tao mo?' Sabi ko, 'Gusto ko lang kumportable.' Sabi niya, 'E, di ibili natin ng kotse.' Sabi ko, 'Okay ba sa kumapanya?' Sabi niya, 'Oo, Willie, nagbuwis ng panahon iyan para sa iyo, di ba? They took the risk.'"

He also mentioned, "Kasi, mahal ko ang mga 'yan. They took the risk sa buhay nila. During the time na wala ng Wowowee, hindi pa ako bumabalik, tawag nang tawag sa akin ang mga 'yan, iyakan nang iyakan. Ngayon nakita ko ang pagkatao ng mga staff ko. Ang babait nila."

THREAT ON THE SHOW'S FIRST AIRING. Earlier this month, Willing Willie's first episode tomorrow, October 23, was threatened with delay because Willie's former home network asked Quezon City court to issue a temporary restraining order against its former host.

In the petition filed last October 4, ABS-CBN reiterated that Willie still has a contract with the network, which will expire on September 2011. (CLICK HERE to read related article.) 

However, during the dry run yesterday, Willie happily told everyone, "Hindi ho kami nabigyan ng TRO sa Sabado. Ewan ko lang sa Lunes."

PEP asked Willie about the issue of former Wowowee staff members who filed a complaint against ABS-CBN last Wednesday at the Quezon city court. The former employees of the Kapamilya network were seeking damages after their decision to resign from the network and join the former host of the defunct program. (CLICK HERE to read related article.) 

Willie said he's not aware of the issue.  However, he doubted that the complainants were part of the former employees of Wowowee who joined him on TV5.

"Hindi naman sila naghahabol. Bakit sila maghahabol, e, may trabaho na sila," he reasoned out. "Hindi totoo 'yon. Baka ginagamit lang nila ang sitwasyon, hindi ko naman sila nakakausap, e. Hindi ako aware doon."

LONE HOST OF THE SHOW? During the rehearsal, people noticed that he was doing the hosting chores throughout the show. Members of the WW.Girls were alternately helping him in each segment.

Does this mean Willie will be the sole host of the show?

The TV host said it's only for the first month. "Naghahanap pa ako ng someone na gusto kong nakikita ko siyang involved sa tao."

Does he have names in mind?

Willie confirmed a previous entry on PEP Scoopbox about Miss Earth 2009 Sandra Seiffert, but not Isabel Oli because she has an existing contract with GMA-7.

When asked for a short list of possible co-hosts, Willie answered, "Wala pa talaga.  Well, we're trying to get Venus Raj kasi galing sa hirap, magandang istorya.  Mayroon akong major, major surprise, segment 'yon para sa kanya."