Charice (left) and Sarah Geronimo (right) are some of the artists nominated in the fourth edition of the MYX Music Awards. The February 26 awarding ceremony will take place at the Dolphy Theater (formerly Studio 1) located at the ABS-CBN compound. Photo: Courtesy of MYX


The highly-anticipated MYX Music Awards is now on its fourth year!

Once again, the music channel will honor the hottest hitmakers of the past year in the MYX Music Awards, which will be presented at ABS-CBN's Dolphy Theater on February 26.

The biggest names in the Philippine music industry will compete in 19 categories. After winning 4 MMA trophies in 2008, pop princess Sarah Geronimo leads the pack this year with 7 nominations including Favorite Female Artist where she's up against Kyla, Rachelle Ann Go, Regine Velasquez, and Yeng Constantino.

Rock band Sandwich and ex-Rivermaya vocalist Rico Blanco are close behind with 6 and 5 MMA nominations respectively. Rico faces off with balladeers Christian Bautista, Erik Santos, Ogie Alcasid, and Richard Poon in the Favorite Male Artist category, while Sandwich battles 6cyclemind, Callalily, Pupil, and Sponge Cola for Favorite Group.

International singing sensation Charice is one of the contenders for Favorite New Artist which also includes KC Concepcion, Nancy Jane, Rico Blanco, and Taken By Cars. Meanwhile, controversial showbiz personalities Karylle and Marian Rivera are rivals in the category Favorite Guest Appearance in a Music Video along with Bembol Roco, Billy Crawford, and Glaiza De Castro.

As in the previous year, fans' votes will account for 60% of the overall tally while the remaining 40% will come from artists' votes. The voting period is from January 23 to February 24. Just tune in to MYX on Skycable Channel 23 for updates on the MYX Music Awards 2009. 


Here is the list of nominees of the 2009 MYX Music Awards:


FAVORITE MYX BANDARITO PERFORMANCE

1 ASTROJUAN
2 COFFEE BREAK ISLAND
3 DELARA
4  KINKY HOOTERS
5 NYCTINASTY

 
FAVORITE MYX LIVE PERFORMANCE

6 AIZA SEGUERRA
7 CHICOSCI
8 IMAGO
9 RICHARD POON
10 SANDWICH
 

FAVORITE INTERNATIONAL MUSIC VIDEO


11 7 THINGS - MILEY CYRUS
12 CRUSH - DAVID ARCHULETA
13 DECODE - PARAMORE
14 WHEN YOU LOOK ME IN THE EYES - JONAS BROTHERS
15 WOMANIZER - BRITNEY SPEARS
 

FAVORITE MYX CELEBRITY VJ

16 KC CONCEPCION
17 KIM CHIU & GERALD ANDERSON
18 SAM CONCEPCION
19 SARAH GERONIMO
20 VHONG NAVARRO
 

FAVORITE MEDIA SOUNDTRACK 

21 ANG SARAP DITO - PROJECT 1 (COKE)
22 A VERY SPECIAL LOVE - SARAH GERONIMO (A VERY SPECIAL LOVE)
23 IKAW ANG PANGARAP - MARTIN NIEVERA (LOBO)
24 KUNG FU FIGHTING - SAM CONCEPCION (KUNG FU PANDA)
25 THIS IS ME - JULIANNE & MIGUEL ESCUETA (CAMP ROCK)

 
FAVORITE REMAKE

26 A VERY SPECIAL LOVE - SARAH GERONIMO
27 MACHO - PAROKYA NI EDGAR
28 MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE - THE DAWN
29 PAYONG - MISS GANDA
30 PRINCESA - ITCHYWORMS

 
FAVORITE COLLABORATION

31 CHRISTIAN BAUTISTA & SITTI - CAPTURED
32 JULIANNE & MIGUEL ESCUETA - THIS IS ME
33 LOURD DE VEYRA & RAYMUND MARASIGAN - EGIS ERP
34 PROJECT 1 - ANG SARAP DITO
35 SARAH GERONIMO & HOWIE DOROUGH - I'LL BE THERE

 
FAVORITE GUEST APPEARANCE IN A MUSIC VIDEO

36 BEMBOL ROCO (BOOGIE MO - BEMBOL ROCKERS)
37 BILLY CRAWFORD (IF YOU'RE NOT THE ONE - NIKKI GIL)
38 GLAIZA DE CASTRO (DISCONNECTION NOTICE - PUPIL)
39 KARYLLE (ONLY HOPE - GARY VALENCIANO)
40 MARIAN RIVERA (KUNG SAKALI - OGIE ALCASID)

 
FAVORITE INDIE ARTIST 

41 ANGULO
42 DRIP
43 OUT OF BODY SPECIAL
44 PARALUMAN
45 REKLAMO

 
FAVORITE NEW ARTIST

46 CHARICE
47 KC CONCEPCION
48 NANCY JANE
49 RICO BLANCO
50 TAKEN BY CARS

 
FAVORITE MELLOW VIDEO

51 A VERY SPECIAL LOVE - SARAH GERONIMO
52 KUNG SAKALI - OGIE ALCASID
53 NOW - MYMP
54 TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME - REGINE VELASQUEZ
55 THE ONE WHO WON MY HEART - CHRISTIAN BAUTISTA

 
FAVORITE ROCK VIDEO

56 ANG PUSA MO - PEDICAB
57 DISCONNECTION NOTICE - PUPIL
58 PROCRASTINATOR - SANDWICH
59 THE FIGHT IS OVER - URBANDUB
60 YUGTO - RICO BLANCO

 
FAVORITE URBAN VIDEO

61 EARGASMIC - DICE & K9 MOBBSTARR
62 K.I.T.T.Y. - KITTY GIRLS
63 MAKE ‘EM SAY - PIKASO
64 PAMBANSANG KAMAO - DCOY FEAT. ARTSTRONG, E.S.P., NATHAN J.
65 SHAKE THAT THING - DANNIE BOI FEAT. BEATMOX

 
FAVORITE GROUP

66 CYCLEMIND
67 CALLALILY
68 PUPIL
69 SANDWICH
70 SPONGE COLA

 
FAVORITE MALE ARTIST

71 CHRISTIAN BAUTISTA
72 ERIK SANTOS
73 OGIE ALCASID
74 RICHARD POON
75 RICO BLANCO

 
FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST

76 KYLA
77 RACHELLE ANN GO
78 REGINE VELASQUEZ
79 SARAH GERONIMO
80 YENG CONSTANTINO

 
FAVORITE ARTIST

81 CALLALILY
82 RICO BLANCO
83 SANDWICH
84 SARAH GERONIMO
85 SPONGE COLA

 
FAVORITE SONG

86 BETAMAX - SANDWICH
87 KAILAN - BAMBOO
88 PASUBALI - SPONGE COLA
89 PITONG ARAW - HALE
90 YUGTO - RICO BLANCO

 
FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO

91 ANG PUSA MO - PEDICAB (Directed by RA Rivera)
92 ANG SARAP DITO - PROJECT 1 (Directed by Marie Jamora)
93 DISCONNECTION NOTICE - PUPIL (Directed by Quark Henares)
94 PROCRASTINATOR - SANDWICH (Directed by Quark Henares)
95 THE FIGHT IS OVER - URBANDUB (Directed by Treb Monteras II)