Two primetime shows ended last Friday, January 18, while a new afternoon soap opened yesterday, January 21.
GMA-7's horror series, La Vendetta, had its final kill last January 18 with a rousing 33.4 percent rating to grab the second place. That same night, ABS-CBN's soap, Ysabella, starring Judy Ann Santos, made its final bow with 22.6 percent to take the No. 10 slot.
Meanwhile, Kapuso network's newest Sine Novela, Maging Akin Ka Lamang, had its impressive debut yesterday, January 21, by virtue of its 21.5 percent rating to take the No. 2 spot, just behind Daisy Siete's 21.7 percent.
Daisy Siete was also the No. 1 daytime show last Friday with 22.1 percent, with Eat Bulaga! and Wheel of Fortune trailing behind at second and third place.
The Friday primetime race was won again by Marimar with 33.8 percent, followed by the last episode of La Vendetta. Rounding up the Top 5 were Kamandag (28.1 percent), Patayin sa Sindak si Barbara (27.7 percent), and Lastikman (27.6 percent).
Zaido (25.7 percent) slipped to No. 8, behind 24 Oras (27.4 percent) and Coffee Prince (26.6 percent).
Eat Bulaga! once again ruled the Saturday daytime race with 25.5 percent while Manny Pacquiao's Pinoy Records was a far second with 20.7 percent. Cinema FPJ was in third place with 18 percent.
Bitoy's Funniest Videos was the No. 1 Saturday primetime show as it gathered 34.7 percent rating with Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho a close second with 34.4 percent.
As a temporary replacement to Boys Nxt Door, which ended its run last week, GMA-7 opted to show a rerun of Mulawin: The Movie last Sunday, January 20. The move proved to be effective as the GMA Films movie starring Richard Gutierrez and Angel Locsin grabbed the top spot in the daytime race with 18.3 percent.
Takeshi's Castle took the second spot with 17.7 percent as SOP and Showbiz Central tied at No. 3 with identical 15.5 percent. Completing the Top 5 were The Buzz (11.7 percent) and ASAP '08 (11.2 percent).
The Sunday primetime race was taken by Paolo Bediones's game show, Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok with 27.9 percent, a slim lead to second placer Kap's Amazing Stories which posted a 27.5 percent rating.
Finally, with the absence of La Vendetta and Ysabella in the primetime slot, GMA-7's reality show Kung Ako Ikaw managed to grab the No. 10 position last night, Jan. 21. Marimar, as usual, took the No. 1 spot.
In the daytime race, Wheel of Fortune slipped to No. 7 after its first week where it held the second and third spots.
Here are the Top 10 daytime and primetime shows from January 18-21 based on overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen among Mega Manila households:
January 18 (Friday)
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 22.1%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 21.4%
- Wheel Of Fortune (ABS-CBN) - 21.2%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 16.6%
- My Only Love (GMA-7) - 16.3%
- Come Back Soon-Ae (GMA-7) - 15.8%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 15.1%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 14.5%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 13%
- Pinoy Movie Hits (ABS-CBN) - 10.1%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 33.8%
- La Vendetta (GMA-7) - 33.4%
- Kamandag (GMA-7) - 28.1%
- Patayin Sa Sindak Si Barbara (ABS-CBN) - 27.7%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN) - 27.6%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 27.4%
- Coffee Prince (GMA-7) - 26.6%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 25.7%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 23.4%
- Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 22.6%
January 19 (Saturday)
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 25.5%
- Pinoy Records (GMA-7) - 20.7%
- Cinema FPJ (ABS-CBN) - 18%
- Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 16.5%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 15.8%
- StarTalk (GMA-7) - 14.9%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 14.5%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 9.6%
- Entertainment Live (ABS-CBN) - 8.6%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 34.7%
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 34.4%
- Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade 5? (GMA-7) - 27.2%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 26.5%
- Sabado Movie Special: All About Love (ABS-CBN) - 22.6%
- 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 19.6%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 16.8%
- XXX (ABS-CBN) - 16.7%
- Nuts Entertainment (GMA-7) - 14.6%
- Sine Totoo (GMA-7) - 10.1%
January 20 (Sunday)
- Kapuso Sine: Mulawin (GMA-7) - 18.3%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 17.7%
- SOP (GMA-7) / Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 15.5%
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 11.7%
- ASAP '08 (ABS-CBN) - 11.2%
- Love Spell (ABS-CBN) - 9.3%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 8.6%
- Ka Pete Na! Totally Outrageous Behavior (ABS-CBN) - 5%
- Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok (GMA-7) - 27.9%
- Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 27.5%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 25.3%
- All Star K (GMA-7) - 20.3%
- Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 17.6%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 17.4%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 14.9%
- Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 14.2%
- Ful Haus (GMA-7) - 13.8%
- That's My Doc (ABS-CBN) - 11.8%
January 21 (Monday)
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 21.7%
- Maging Akin Ka Lamang (GMA-7) - 21.5%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 20.9%
- My Only Love (GMA-7) - 19.9%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 19.4%
- Come Back Soon-Ae (GMA-7) - 18.5%
- Wheel Of Fortune (ABS-CBN) - 17.1%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 16.1%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 15%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 34.7%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 34.3%
- Kamandag (GMA-7) - 33.7%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 31.1%
- Patayin Sa Sindak Si Barbara (ABS-CBN) - 29.5%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN) - 28.3%
- Coffee Prince (GMA-7) - 27.9%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 23.3%
- Maging Sino Ka Man (ABS-CBN) - 22.4%
- Kung Ako Ikaw (GMA-7) - 15.6%
Source: AGB Nielsen