The Urban Luzon public prefers GMA-7's coverage of President Rodrigo Duterte's first State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 25, according to data from AGB Nielsen.
GMA's DU30 Unang SONA rated 19.8%, which was higher than the 14.3% score taken by ABS-CBN's Pangako ng Pagbabago SONA 2016 and the 2.5% rating of TV5's Unang SONA DDay Plus.
The SONA was aired simultaneously on the three major networks, and lasted for about an hour and a half.
GMA-7 also had notable wins on July 25, aside from the SONA. Its two new primetime Korean dramas, Descendants of the Sun and The Healer, bested their Kapamilya counterparts.
Descendants of the Sun's pilot episode got a 22% rating, defeating Dolce Amore's 20.4%.
The Healer, meanwhile, got 10.7%, beating Pinoy Big Brother Vietnam's 8.6%.
It's relevant to note that Encantadia's sixth episode, which generated 23.8%, still lost to FPJ's Ang Probinsyano's 26% on July 25.
On July 23, ABS-CBN aired the finale of We Love OPM: The Celebrity Sing-Offs and rated 11.1%, losing to the 15.4% rating of Lip Sync Battle Philippines.
We Love OPM: The Celebrity Sing-Offs was ranked the eighth most-watched show on primetime that day. Number one went to another Kapamilya singing contest, The Voice Kids.
- The Voice Kids (ABS-CBN) - 22.4%
- Pepito Manaloto: Ang Tunay na Kuwento (GMA-7) - 21.9%
- 24 Oras Weekend (GMA-7) / Magpakailanman (GMA-7) - 21.4%
- MMK: Ang Tahanan Mo (ABS-CBN) - 20.9%
- Lip Sync Battle Philippines (GMA-7) - 15.4%
- Home Sweetie Home (ABS-CBN) - 14.8%
- TV Patrol Weekend (ABS-CBN) - 13.3%
- We Love OPM: The Celebrity Sing-Offs (ABS-CBN) - 11.1%
- iWitness (GMA-7) - 8%
- Failon Ngayon (ABS-CBN) - 5.6%
Number one for July 24, Sunday, on the other hand, was GMA-7's Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho with 21.4%, which bested Rated K's 12.8% and Pinoy Big Brother Vietnam's 9.3%.
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 21.4%
- The Voice Kids (ABS-CBN) - 21.1%
- Ismol Family (GMA-7) - 18.3%
- Wansapanataym (ABS-CBN) - 18.1%
- 24 Oras Weekend (GMA-7) - 16.1%
- Hay Bahay (GMA-7) - 15.7%
- Goin' Buliit (ABS-CBN) - 14.8%
- TV Patrol Weekend (ABS-CBN) - 13.88%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 12.8%
- SNBO (GMA-7) - 10.2%