PRESS STATEMENT FROM CCP:
"Applications for the New Breed Full Length Feature and Directors Showcase of the 2012 Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival and Competition are now being accepted at the CCP Media Arts Division. DEADLINE IS AUGUST 31, 2011.
"Interested participants must submit the following requirements on or before 6:00 PM on 31 August 2011 (Wednesday) to the Media Arts Division of the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Roxas Blvd., Pasay City:
- A duly completed application form.
- Synopsis (1 page, not more than 300 words).
- Detailed sequence treatment (between 50-60 sequences, double spaced, letter-sized bond paper,1 inch margin all around,12 points, Courier).Name(s) of Proponent(s) must not be written on any page of the synopsis and detailed sequence treatment.
- A brief résumé/bio-data & two (2) recent 2x2 photos of the proponent(s)
- Samples of previous film/video work in DVD.
"All entries must be submitted in a long brown envelope properly labelled with proponent's name, title and contact details.
"Cinemalaya is an all-digital film competition that aims to discover, encourage, and support the cinematic works of Filipino filmmakers that boldly articulate and freely interpret the Filipino experience with fresh insight and artistic integrity. It is a project of the Cinemalaya Foundation, Inc., in partnership with the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP), Film Development Foundation of the Philippines (FDCP), and Econolink Investments, Inc. (EEI). Slated on July 20-29, 2012 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, it will also feature film exhibitions, seminars, the Cinemalaya Independent Film Congress and other film-related events.
Ed's Note: When content falls under "Press Statement," this means that the material is fully and directly from the company itself. The use of open-and-close quotation marks to envelope the entire text shows as much. This also means that PEP is not the author of the statement being read. PEP is simply providing the information for readers who may be interested.