The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has announced the schedule of activities for the upcoming 39th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF).
MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino presented the eight official MMFF 2013 entries during the recent press conference at the City Best Restaurant, Tomas Morato, Quezon City.
The stars and directors will be coming together at the annual Parade of Stars on December 22. It will start from the Mall of Asia in Pasay City and end at the Quirino Grandstand at 2 pm. The parade route will be from Seaside Boulevard, turning right at Macapagal Boulevard then to Edsa and Roxas Boulevard.
The awards night, meanwhile, is scheduled on December 27, or two days after the December 25 opening of the annual MMFF. The awarding ceremonies will be held at Meralco Theatre in Pasig City.
“We are calling on the public to support MMFF. We have provided quality Filipino films that will surely entertain and touch your hearts this Christmas season,” Tolentino said.
The eight official mainstream entries to the prestigious film festival are:
- 10,000 Hours / Robin Padilla, Mylene Dizon / Director: Bb. Joyce Bernal
- Pedro Calungsod, Batang Martir / Rocco Nacino, Christian Vasquez / Director: Francis Villacorta
- Girl Boy Bakla Tomboy / Vice Ganda, Maricel Soriano / Director: Wenn Deramas
- Pagpag, Siyam na Buhay / Daniel Padilla, Kathryn Bernardo / Director: Frasco Mortiz
- Kimmy Dora, Ang Kiyemeng Prequel / Eugene Domingo, Sam Milby / Director: Chris Martinez
- My Little Bossings / Vic Sotto, Ryzza Mae Dizon, James "Bimby" Yap Jr. / Director: Marlon Rivera
- Boy Golden / Jorge Estregan, KC Concepcion / Director: Chito Roño
- Kaleidoscope World / Sef Cadayona, Yassi Pressman / Director: Eliza Cornejo & Gorio Vicuna
(To learn more about the MMFF 2013 entries, CLICK HERE)