The seven finalists for the 2017 Cinema One Originals Festival were revealed on April 5.
The chosen films showcase a new breed of Filipino filmmaking talent reflecting the diverse voices of this generation.
The finalists for the Narrative Feature Category of the 13th edition of Cinema One Originals are as follows:
1. Kip Oebanda for Nay
2. Dan Villegas for Changing Partners
3. Richard Somes for Historiographika Errata
4. Fatrick Tabada & Rae Red for Si Chedeng, Si Apple, At Si Louis Vuitton
5. Joseph Teoxon for Throwback Today
6. Shireen Seno for Nervous Translation
7. Giancarlo Abrahan for Paki
Each filmmaker will receive a grant of P3 million pesos for production.
For the Documentary Films category, the finalists are:
1. Jet Leyco and Camille Aragona for Architecture of Belief: A Story of John S. Captain
2. Dempster P. Samarista for Bundok Banahaw, Sacred And Profane
3. Phyllis Grande for Horror House: A Visit to the Red House
This year's Selection Committee was composed of Ronald Arguelles (Festival Director), Philbert Dy, Rico Gonzales, Oggs Cruz, Jinky Laurel, Kathleen Pador, Richard Bolisay, Sherad Anthony Sanchez, and Jade Castro.