The Himig Handog songwriting competition makes a comeback this 2013 with the theme, “Pinoy Pop (P-Pop) Love Songs: Mga Awit at Kwento ng Pusong Pilipino.”
Out of 2,500 songs, the top 12 were chosen and will be aired on Himig Handog Pinoy MYX Special this Friday, February 1, at 6pm.
The Top 12 songs, as performed by select Kapamilya singers, were presented today, January 31, at the 9501 restaurant, 14th floor, ELJ Building, Quezon City.
The finalists are as follows:
- “Alaala,” interpreted by Yeng Constantino, composed by Ma. Fe Mechenette G. Tianga, Melvin Huervana, and Joel O. Jabat Jr.
- “Anong Nangyari sa Ating Dalawa,” interpreted by Aiza Seguerra, composed by Joven Tan.
- “Hanggang Wakas,” interpreted by Juris, composed by Soc Villanueva.
- “If You Ever Change Your Mind,” interpreted by Marion Aunor, composed by Marion Aunor.
- “Kahit Na,” interpreted by Toni Gonzaga, composed by Julius James De Belen aka Jumbo.
- “Nasa Iyo Na Ang Lahat,” interpreted by Daniel Padilla, composed by Jungee Marcelo.
- “One Day,” interpreted by Angeline Quinto, composed by Agatha Morallos.
- “Pwede Bang Ako Na Lang Ulit,” interpreted by Bugoy Drilon, composed by Jeffrey Cifra.
- “Sana’y Magbalik,” interpreted by Jovit Baldivino, composed by Arman Alferez.
- “Scared to Death,” interpreted by KZ Tandingan, composed by Domingo Rosco Jr.
- “Tamang Panahon,” interpreted by Wynn Andrada, composed by Wynn Andrada.
- “This Song Is For You,” interpreted by Erik Santos, composed by Jude Gitamondoc.
The grand finals will be held on February 24 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay City and will be telecast live on ABS-CBN.