Worldwide superstar Rihanna will be back in Manila for a 100-minute thrill ride!
The Grammy award-winning pop artist will perform for her Filipino fans on September 19 at the Mall of Asia Arena.
Fibr and Smart locally present Rihanna’s Diamond World Tour that will feature multiple costume and set changes, video and flashing lights, backup dancers and 20 plus songs showing audiences around the world what it means to really shine bright, like a diamond.
Compiled below is a list of 10 reasons why you should watch Rihanna’s concert in Manila.
1. After an extensive North American and Europe tour, Rihanna is taking her Diamond World Tour to only 3 Asian cities (Macau and Singapore) and Manila is lucky to be one of them.
2. Seeing Rihanna live is not only about watching an ultimate performer who can sing and dance. It’s about the fashion—she will don several outfits designed by Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy, Raf Simons—who is a Belgian fashion designer and creative director at Christian Dior, and Adam Selman—her personal costume designer. Any superstar worth their salt will make it worth your while visually and aurally.
3. As of June 2013, Riri’s current tour takes the 11th spot in the Top 100 Worldwide Tours of Pollstar, grossing $50.1 million.
4. Rihanna’s latest single titled Right Now featuring David Guetta was co-written by Riri with Guetta and guess who… Ester Dean! Dean has written successful tracks for Rihanna like Rude Boy, Where Have You Been, S&M and a lot more. She also made her film debut as Cynthia Rose in the hugely successful movie Pitch Perfect.
5. Fresh from her MTV VMA (Video Music Award) appearance, Rihanna is the only female artist to win Video of the Year twice—for Umbrella featuring Jay-Z in 2007 and We Found Love featuring Calvin Harris last year.
6. Rihanna breaks more records by earning her 20th No. 1 song in the US Hot Dance Club chart, beating Janet Jackson who has 19.
7. Rihanna loves her fans dearly. In fact, when she ended her European leg last July, she wrote a farewell letter to her fans saying “It’s the last day of the #DIAMONDSWORLDTOUR. Nooooo! Here’s where I start getting anxiety, I hate missing you, but I’m gonna miss you soooo much!! You are everything to me, truthfully!” The singer revealed to the crowd in Paris “You all make me so happy. This is everything that matters to me. And to stand here and feel the love in this room.”
Photo from Rihanna’s Instagram (@badgalriri)
8. A bonafide social media superstar with over 63 million Facebook fans and over 27 Twitter followers, Rihanna’s Take A Bow video hits over 100 million views, making the video her 15th to be VEVO certified with over 100M views. Diamonds has reached over 328 million views, making it Rihanna’s most viewed video on VEVO.
9. Subscribe to Fibr to automatically get a raffle entry to win Rihanna concert tickets. If already a Fibr subscriber, refer a friend and get a raffle entry! All applications and service orders must be made by 12 midnight on September 16 to qualify. Raffle prizes are: 1 winner of 2 SVIP tickets and 9 winners of 2 Lower Box A tickets. Visit www.pldthome.com for more info.
10. All Smart subscribers get a chance to win premium Lower Box A tickets to watch Rihanna live on September 19! All you have to do is to visit www.smart.com.ph/music, download songs and get a chance to win prizes. Promo period is until September 15, so join now.
Rihanna’s Diamonds World Tour on September 19, 2013 at the Mall of Asia Arena is locally presented by Fibr and Smart; brought to you by tour promoters Music Management International in association with Live Nation Global Touring and Roc Nation.
Tickets are available at all SM Tickets outlets. Ticket prices are SVIP Php 26,990; VIP Php 21,710; Patron Seated Php 16,430; Lower Box A Php 13,260; Lower Box B Php 11,150; Patron Standing Php 11,150; Lower Box C Php 7,980; Upper Box Php 4,810; General Admission Php 1,960.
Call Tel. No. 470-2222 or visit www.SMTickets.com