In less than 30 days, Rakrakan Festival will be held once again at the Globe Circuit Events Ground, Circuit Makati on December 19, 2015.
The 100% Pinoy music festival will offer 12 hours of non-stop rocking to the country’s finest musicians from Luzon all the day down to Mindanao. It is about time of the year again we all rock ‘til we drop!
Held since 2013 in celebration of Original Pinoy Music, our talents and culture, Rakrakan Festival 2015 will once more bring 70 mainstream and independent acts on the podiums of the Mosh, Move, and Groove stages – the three stages were established last year as part of Rakrakan Festival’s mission to cater to a broader spectrum of music and OPM artists, and appeal to a more diverse audience.
Punk rockers, hardcore kids, metalheads and all-around badass rock n’ rollers will find their heaven in the rough, merciless circle pits of the Mosh stage, that includes Wolfgang, Slapshock, Queso, Wilabaliw, Sandwich, Chicosci, Skychurch, and Faspitch.
Sentimental crowds will indulge in the trendy and amicable – and occasionally sappy – melodies of pop-rock and alternative music from Urbandub, Franco, Save Me Hollywood, Callalily, Gracenote, 6cyclemind, Rocksteddy, and Drive Me To Juliet reigning at the Move stage.
The groovy, laid-back types will float in the rhythmic, ambient atmosphere of reggae, soul, jazz, and electronica with Tropical Depression, Jeck Pilpil and Peacepipe, Brownman Revival, Coffeebreak Island, BP Valenzuela, Taken By Cars, and The Chongkeys at the Groove stage.
All happening at the same time – as they always have – Rakrakan Festival 2015 promises yet another breathtaking feel for every music-lover in attendance.
And, on top of that, Rakrakan Festival 2015 will bring in more energizing activities guaranteed to give festivalgoers the ultimate party-of-a-lifetime experience:
• All-Indie Merchandise Bazaar – a staple since the beginning, Rakrakan Festival’s all-indie merchandise bazaar is one of, if not the, biggest congregations of independent merchants in Metro Manila. Every year, more local brands are added to the list of participants who trade their goods at the festival’s grounds. Find everything from tees and tank tops to shorts, jeans, jackets, socks, jewelry, shoes, slippers, artworks, sunglasses, pins and buttons, pipes, caps, toys, and many other items.
• Skateboarding Exhibition and Competition – another festival essential since 2013, Rakrakan Festival will attract the best in the local skateboarding scene this time to a skateboarding exhibition and competition, with awesome prizes at stake for those able to pull off their best tricks in this day-long event.
• Street Art Competition – a new addition to the Rakrakan Festival experience, this year’s street art competition was inspired by the live art activity at Rakrakan Festival 2014, and seeks to discover the best street artists in the metro and see their creations come to life. Exciting gifts await the best artists of this contest.
• Food Bazaar – seriously, this doesn’t need a lot of explaining. What’s a festival without its gastronomic exploits, right? With a vast array of culinary selections to choose from, Rakrakan Festival’s food bazaar will certainly keep every guest full to the throat, and even make them come back for more.
• Side activities such as henna tattooing and tattoo displays (in some merch bazaar outlets), intermission games, information drives, band meet-and-greet (for VIP ticket holders), free stuff from sponsors and partners, and others will be there to complement the whole festival experience.
Early-bird tickets are now available at all SM Tickets outlets nationwide for only P320 and VIPs at P1,500 (SM Tickets charges included) for limited slots only.
Rakrakan Festival: Rock ‘Til You Drop is presented by Rakista Radio, and co-presented by Red Horse Beer, Draven Shoes, and Dickies.
Check posters and print ads, and/or visit www.rakrakanfestival.com for more details.
Callalily (led by Kean Cipriano), Urbandub, and other bands included in Rakrakan 2015 lineup
by posted on November 23, 2015