After three years, Adele made a massive comeback to the music industry via the emotional ballad “Hello,” which was released last October 2.
A lot of people were moved by the song that talks about someone coming to terms with a past lover. Even international celebs such as Kate Hudson and Katy Perry were moved to tears and tweeted photos of them crying after hearing the song.
The song is likely to give you major LSS and the line "Hello, from the other side" is probably stuck on your mind.
To date, Adele’s music video has reached over 703 million views on YouTube.
If you're still out of the loop, here is the MV of Adele's "Hello":
As the song takes over music charts all over the world, different artists performed their version of the song. We listed down some of the must-hear covers of Adele's "Hello" by Pinoy artists.
1. Regine Velasquez in Biñan. The Asia's Songbird slayed the song during her Regine: The Songbird Sings @ Biñan concert on Saturday, December 6. The Kapuso songstress impressesed the audience with her voice control and note shifts throught out the song.
2. Sarah Geronimo on ASAP. Popstar Princess Sarah Geronimo received rave reviews for her version of Adele's trending song on the Sunday musical variety show ASAP. Her video on Youtube generated more than a million views.
3. Morissette Amon at Stage Sessions. Fans have been clamoring for Morissette to perform this song. The Voice PH semi-finalist felt that the perfect time to belt out Adele''s massive hit was during at Stage Sessions on Monday night, December 13, at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Bistro and she didn't disappoint!
4. Darren Espanto at Kapamilya Chat. We have yet to hear a full version of this song performed by Darren Espanto but the young singer charmed viewers of Kapamilya Chat with a short performance of the song last November 12.
5. Zendee Rose Tenerefe's YouTube cover. Zendee is definitely not just a "random girl" anymore. When the promising singer uploaded her version on her YouTube account, it received over 22,381 views as of this writing. In the description of the video, Zendee said she learned the song after playing it around 10 times.
6. Kyla at Kyla Fly High Concert. One thing I loved the most about this cover is Kyla's pure emotions while performing the song. Hugot kung hugot!
7. Jessica Sanchez. Filipino-American singer Jessica Sanchez asked her fans if they wanted to her to cover Adele's song. The American Idol Season 11 runner-up uploaded a short clip of her rendition on Twitter that left most of her fans hanging! We need more, Jessica!
8. Nar Cabico's Tagalized verision of "Hello" on PEPjams. Singing an Adele song is already a challenge in itself but performing it in the vernacular takes it to a whole different level. In an interview with PEP.ph, Nar said he translated the song on their way to Baguio.
9. Shery Regis' YouTube Cover. Crystal Voice of Asia Sheryn Regis uploaded her version on YouTube with husband Earl Echiverri on keyboards. The 36-year-old singer impressed her viewers with her crystal clear low-and-high notes! Watch her performance and don't miss the 3:56 mark! That high note is GOLD!
10. Marion at Erik Santos' album launch. Marion owned the stage as she performed Adele's emotionally charged hit. For a moment there, we forgot that it was Erik Santos' album launch!
11. Sam Milby and Anne Curtis' Adele-Lionel Richie mash-up. This mash-up just gives us kilig we haven't seen from the ex-lovers in a long time!