Andrea Bocelli arrived in the Philippines earlier today, April 26, for his one-night only concert in the country.
The world renowned tenor will hold the Manila leg of his Cinema World Tour tonight at the Mall of Asia Arena.
The iconic singer who has sold 80 million albums worldwide previously performed in Manila in 2004.
Bocelli has come a long way from his first win at the Newcomers section of the Sanremo Music Festival in 1994.
He is a three-time Grammy nominee: Best New Artist (1999), Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for the album Sogno (2000) and for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals for "The Prayer."
The powerful tenor serenaded one of Hollywood’s top couples: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West at their Florence wedding.
The famous vocalist received a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010 and won the Classic Brit Award for International Artist of the Year in 2012. In 2014, he was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award in the Billboard Latin Music Awards.
Bocelli, who unfortunately became blind after a childhood accident, did not let his condition prevent him from building his name as one of the top classical crossover artists in the music industry.
Here are some of his stellar duets in the past:
1. Celine Dion. One of the most famous duets is his performance with Celine Dion as they captivated the world with his Golden Globe award-winning song "The Prayer." The performance was definitely one for the books.
2. Ariana Grande. The 22-year-old singer Ariana Grande has had the opportunity to sing with the classical tenor, pitching in an emotion filled performance of the song “E Più Ti Penso.” Showcasing both tremendous voices of the singers, the music video has already reached more than 12 million views!
3. Jennifer Lopez. One who is seemingly up for femme fatales, Bocelli has also performed with Jennifer Lopez in an upbeat Spanish ballad for the show, Dancing with the Stars. The duet was performed with incredible flair by both singers.
4. Edith Piaf. Through the magic of technology, Andrea Bocelli was able to "perform" with French chanteuse Edith Piaf.
In an innovative mash-up of the song "La Vie En Rose," Bocelli serenades the crowd while a recorded version of Edith Piaf played as well, resulting to an incredible performance.
5. Barbara Streisand. The list of his amazing female partners would not be complete without Broadway legend Barbara Streisand.
“Bocelli and I have always talked about singing together…he has a beautiful voice. He always sings. He’ll speak one sentence and sings the next,” says Streisand in an interview about working with with Bocelli.
Both singers have musical harmony in their heartfelt duet of “I Still Can See Your Face.”
Bocelli's latest album is titled Cinema, contains film scores and soundtracks of classical movies such as Gladiator, The Godfather, and Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
John Travolta even made an appearance in c's music video, Nelle Tue Mani (Now We Are Free), from the movie Gladiator.
Andrea Bocelli's Cinema World Tour will take place tonight, April 26, 2016 at the Mall of Asia Arena.