The song became popular in social media as early as 2014 when Internet sensation Dyosa Pockoh performed it in one of his videos posted on Facebook. The song even gained more popularity after being used in ABS-CBN's romantic comedy series Be My Lady starring Erich Gonzales and Daniel Matsunaga.
ThinkingPinoy.net already dug up the history of the popular children's song and guess what: The song did not originate from the Philippines!
Here comes the trivia: "Tatlong Bibe" is the Filipino translated version of the children's song titled "Six Little Ducks" which was first heard on Barney and the Backyard Gang in the late '80s.
The song borrowed its melody from Moe Jaffe's World War II-hit song "Bell Bottom Trousers," which is a commercially reworked version of an English folk song titled "Rosemary Lane."
Due to its popularity, celebrities have joined the bandwagon and performed their own version of the popular children's song. We've listed down 10 of the best and funniest celebrity covers of the song we found on the net.
Here are some LSS-worthy versions we've heard so far, in no particular order:
1. Daniel Matsunaga and Erich Gonzales. DanRich's version of the children's nursery rhyme definitely makes it into our list. The two performed the song several times on the ABS-CBN daytime show Be My Lady and everyone got hooked.
2. It's Showtime hosts. Vice Ganda caught the "Tatlong Bibe" virus and shared it with his It's Showtime co-hosts including Anne Curtis, Mariel Rodriguez, Karylle, Vhong Navarro, and Amy Perez. The comedian even dubbed the the nursery rhyme as the "unity song" right after the 2016 Presidential Elections last May 9. Vice Ganda has been performing the nursery rhyme on Kapamilya's daily noontime show on different occasions.
3. Alden Richards and Maine Mendoza. AlDub's version of the Tatlong Bibe song also went viral recently. GMA-7's phenomenal tandem was spotted singing the nursery rhyme by the window while shooting their upcoming movie in Italy.
4. ASAP Soul Sessions. Probably one of the best covers of "Tatlong Bibe" is ASAP Soul Sessions' version during their June 5 appearance on Vice Ganda's late night talk show Gandang Gabi Vice. Kyla, Jason Dy, KZ Tandingan, and Daryl Ong impressed the studio crowd with their soulful rendition of the nursery rhyme.
5. Alex Gonzaga. Actress/host Alex Gonzaga uploaded her version of the song on her Instagram account last June 2. Netizens couldn't help but laugh while Alex sang a "remixed version" of the nursery rhyme to the baby bump of her sister Toni Gonzaga. Alex's caption: "Kanta para sa inang ate at sa aking pamangkin...... Remix version pa ginawa ko.. Cant wait to sing it to you live.. All for the love... - Tita Cathy/Alex (pregnancy hormone ang ate masungit akala nya ininvent ko lang yung song eh)."
6. Senator Dick Gordon. Senator-elect Dick Gordon became a trending topic on Sunday night, June 12, after his appearance on Gandang Gabi Vice. The politician gamely granted Vice Ganda's request for him to sing and dance to the tune of "Tatlong Bibe."
7. The Voice Kids PH alumni. Get ready to "birit" with The Voice Kids PH winners Elha Nympha, Lyca Gairanod, and runner-up Darren Espanto as they cover "Tatlong Bibe."
8. The Voice Kids PH Season 3 Coaches. The Voice Kids PH Season 3 coaches Sharon Cuneta, Lea Salonga, and Bamboo gamely danced along with aspiring singer Hannah Faye Miguel as she sang the viral hit song during her blind auditions on the kapamilya talent search/competition last Saturday, June 11. Coaches Lea and Sharon was impressed with Hannah Faye's version of Rey Valera's "Malayo Pa ang Umaga." After the performance, Lea requested for another performance and the Pampanga-native young singer said "Tatlong Bibe" is her other favorite song. The three coaches then went on stage and joined Hannah Faye in performing the song.
9. Onyok and MakMak. FPJ's Ang Probinsyano also used the song in one of its episodes. Onyok (played by Simon Pineda) performed the song while Cardo (played by Coco Martin) eagerly listened to his performance and MakMak (played by Mcneal 'Makmak' Briguela) secretly unleashed his inner diva.
10. Ate Gay. You don't really know what to expect from Ate Gay's cover songs. The comedian is know for his funny mash-ups of current and classic hits. Ate Gay didn't miss the opportrunity to upload his mash-up version of "Tatlong Bibe" and Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball." Listen to his seamless mas-up below.
11. Suklay Diva Katrina Velarde. X Factor Philippines finalist Katrina Velarde is known for her vocal impressions of different artists. The singer showcased this talent by performing different versions of "Tatlong Bibe" while impersonating Kyla, Michael Jackson, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, and Celine Dion.
12. Kwak Kwak Diva Tammy Brown. Tammy Brown gained popularity after his "Divas version" of "Tatlong Bibe" went viral on social media. The internet sensation scored a live interview on ASAP Chill Out after his Vina Morales, Jaya, and Regine Velasquez version of the nursery rhyme became a trending topic on Facebook and Twitter.
13. Sunday PinaSaya cast. Jose Manalo, Wally Bayola, and Jerald Napoles led the performance of the nursery rhyme for the "May Tatlong Bibe" segment of GMA's Sunday comedy-variety show. The trio also dressed up in duck costumes while the other hosts dressed up as farm animals.
14. Moymoy Palaboy. Comic brothers Moymoy and Rodfil, known collectively as Moymoy Palaboy, dressed up in yellow duck onesies for their performance of the nursery rhyme on GMA-7's talent competition Lip Sync Battle.
15. DLSU Lady Spikers. Right-after winning the UAAP Season 78 Women's Volleyball, DLSU Lady Spikers granted interviews with different TV networks. During an interview with CNN Philippines, volleyball player Kianna Dy wrote her own lyrics and performed it to the tune of "Tatlong Bibe," which she dedicated to a fellow teammate Kim Fajardo. Aside from their CNN Philippines interview, Kianna also performed the song on Gandang Gabi Vice.
PEPsters, which version is your favorite? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.