The Megastar Sharon Cuneta never runs out of ideas to satisfy the many facets of her artistry. Fresh from her successful comedy movie with Ai Ai delas Alas, BFF (Best Friends Forever) from Star Cinema, kasalukuyang nasa U.S. and Canada tour si Sharon, with daughter KC Concepcion as her special guest sa kanyang Mega-Thirty concert.
But before she left for the concert tour, humarap muna si Sharon sa entertainment media and launched her children's album under Sony Music Entertainment, ang Children's Rhymes & Lullabies.
"This project is very close to my heart," says Sharon. "With the help of my husband, Kiko, we cooked-up the idea after a personal encounter with such need for our very own kids—Frankie and Miel. The idea of this album stemmed from a need to find both Tagalog and English songs for our children. Marami kaming English songs for the children, pero wala kaming makitang children songs in Pilipino. Naisip naming gawin ito dahil marami tayong Filipino parents scattered all over the world whose children hadn't heart of, let alone grown up with songs for them, from their homeland, that we had to make this collection."
The result was an extensive and intensive planning for the repertoire of the album.
"At para mas maging helpful to the parents and children, the following tracks were the product of a careful selection, divided into six activities that children often do in the course of his day:
School / Learning Time:
1. Alphabet Song / A - You're Adorable
2. 1 2 Buckle My Shoe / Ten Little Indian Boys / I Have 2 Hands
3. Seven Days In A Week / Pitong Araw Sa Isang Linggo
4. Sampung Mga Daliri / Paa, Tuhod, Balikat, Ulo / My Toes, My Knees
5. If You're Happy And You Know It / Wheels On The Bus / Jack & Jill
6. I'm A Little Teapot / Ako Ay Maliit Na Pitsel
7. Maliliit Na Gagamba / Eency Weency Spider
8. Pure Imagination
9. Rainbow Connection
10. Magtanim Ay Di Biro / Bahay Kubo (na paulit-ulit daw kinakanta ni Miel dahil gusto nitong ma-memorize ang mga gulay at prutas sa song)
11. Pen Pen De Sarapen / Sitsiritsit Alibangbang / Tong Tong Pakitong
12. Leron Leron Sinta
13. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
14. A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
15. When You Wish Upon A Star
16. Tulog Na (Brahms Lullaby)
A bonus track of the album is the theme song of a milk brand titled "You're My Number 1" sung by Sharon and her daughters Frankie and Miel.
Sharon dedicates this to the most important women in the world and their beautiful children.
"This is for all you parents, here and abroad, and of course, for all your children. We worked hard to create this album with all of you in mind! I will always be grateful for your gift of hope, laughter, and trust. I hope that this album becomes one that you will continue to reach for and play over and over and over again—for yourselves, your children, your children's children! And may they play it for future generation to come."
The two-disc album Children's Rhymes & Lullabies includes minus one versions of all songs as well as an interactive booklet and song lyrics from Sony Music.
Sharon Cuneta launches Children's Rhymes & Lullabies album
by Nora Calderon posted on May 25, 2009