GMA-7's afternoon soap operas Pasan Ko ang Daigdig and Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap shared the third spot last Friday, September 28, as both shows posted a 20.9 percent rating behind Meteor Garden's 22.2 percent rating and Eat Bulaga! which rose to the top spot once more.
This is based on the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manila households.
In the primetime slot, Marimar came back strong to bully its way to the top with a staggering 39.6 percent clip to beat two of its most dangerous rivals: Mga Mata ni Anghelita and Zaido.
Now entering a new and interesting twist, Marimar's plight is now turning around for the better, slowly paving the way for her revenge on her tormentors.
After slipping dangerously towards the bottom of the race, Wowowee regained its bearings last Saturday, September 29, as it nailed the second spot overall via its 20.7 percent. Willie Revillame shared the honors with Vicky Morales' Wish Ko Lang. But Wowowee's direct competitor Eat Bulaga! posted one of its highest ratings in months: 27.9 percent, ruling over the daytime programs.
Pedro Penduko at Ang Mga Engkanto also had a field day as it sat at No. 3 on the same day with an impressive 18.1 percent rating. Startalk's slump in the meantime continues: it fell to the No. 5 spot with a 16.4 percent performance.
Saturday's primetime race remained at a standstill as programs showed little movement. Michael V's Bitoy's Funniest Videos continues to assert its might, beating once more the hard-hitting duo of Jessica Soho (Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho) and Mike Enriquez (Imbestigador) by a safe distance.
After trailing behind its rival for two consecutive weeks, Showbiz Central took the driver's seat yesterday, September 30, as it edged out The Buzz by a large margin. Dennis Trillo's long-awaited revelation that he is now a certified father boosted Showbiz Central's stock considerably, 18.8 percent against The Buzz's 14.4 percent.
GMA-7's Sunday musical variety show SOP, which devoted most of its airing time on German "Kuya Germs" Moreno's birthday celebration, once again posted higher than ABS-CBN's ASAP '07.
Moving over to Sunday primetime, Kap's Amazing Stories snatched the top spot away from long-reigning Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok. For this week, Bong's show collected a 30.7 percent rating compared to Paolo Bediones show's 28.1 percent performance.
The kids of Goin' Bulilit also had a good run as they scored a 19.2 percent rating just behind Korina Sanchez's Rated K, which garnered a 21.6 percent rating, which was good for fourth spot overall.
Here are the top ten shows in daytime and in primetime from September 28 to 30:
September 28 (Friday)
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 22.9%
- Meteor Garden (GMA-7) - 22.2%
- Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) / Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (GMA-7) - 20.9%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 20.4%
- Couple or Trouble (GMA-7) - 17.7%
- Kapamilya Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 17.4%
- Pilipinas Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 16.3%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 14.9%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 13.5%
- Zorro (ABS-CBN) - 12.3%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 39.6%
- Mga Mata ni Anghelita (GMA-7) - 36.3%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 33.7%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 31.6%
- Jumong (GMA-7) - 28.9%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN) - 28.7%
- Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 26.2%
- Pangarap na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - 25.1%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 24.3%
- Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 21.1%
September 29 (Saturday)
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 27.9 %
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) / Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 20.7%
- Pedro Penduko at Ang Mga Engkantao (ABS-CBN) - 18.1%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 17.4%
- Startalk (GMA-7) - 16.4%
- Entertainment Live (ABS-CBN) / Fantastic Man (GMA-7) - 16.3%
- Pilipinas Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 15.7%
- Sabado Movies (ABS-CBN) - 15%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 34.3%
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 32.1%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 28.7%
- Celebrity Duets (GMA-7) - 28.5%
- 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 20.1%
- John En Shirley (ABS-CBN) - 19.8%
- XXX (ABS-CBN) - 18.4%
- TV Patrol Sabado (ABS-CBN) - 18.1%
- Nuts Entertainment (GMA-7) - 17.7%
- U Can Dance (ABS-CBN) - 12%
September 30 (Sunday)
- Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 18.8%
- SOP (GMA-7) - 17.8%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 17%
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) / Ride to Fame (GMA-7) - 14.4%
- ASAP '07 (ABS-CBN) - 14.1%
- Boys Nxt Door (GMA-7) - 13.7%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 9.1%
- Love Spell (ABS-CBN) - 7.4%
- Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 30.7%
- Tok! Tok! Tok! (GMA-7) - 28.1%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 23.7 %
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 21.6 %
- Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 19.2%
- All Star K (GMA-7) - 17.7%
- TV Patrol Linggo (ABS-CBN) - 17.2%
- Ful Haus (GMA-7) - 14.2%
- Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 11.6%
- SNBO: The Return of the King (ABS-CBN) - 10.9%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines