Debuting shows made their way into the Top 10 last October 8 for both daytime and primetime programming based on the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manila households.
Paolo Bediones's and Rufa Mae Quinto's new game show, Whammy! Push Your Luck, literally pushed its way to the top with an impressive 23.5 percent rating on its premiere telecast, consequently beating other regulars like Eat Bulaga! and Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap, which posted 21.9 percent and 19.8 percent ratings, respectively.
Whammy's direct competitor, Kapamilya Deal or No Deal placed sixth overall with its 18.6 percent rating.
Willie Revillame's noontime show, in the meantime, recovered from a week-long slump as Wowowee climbed its way to No. 4 overall with a 19.3 percent clip.
Another debuting show, this time from ABS-CBN, Prinsesa ng Banyera starring Kristine Hermosa and Angelika dela Cruz, opened its campaign with a 16.8 percent rating. Another Kapamilya show, Pilipinas Game KNB?, trailed closely behind via its 16.7 percent rating.
Meanwhile, SiS regained the upperhand from rival Boy & Kris by posting a 13 percent rating against the 10.5 percent of ABS-CBN's daily morning show.
Slowing down though still very much in command, Marimar posted a 36.6 percent rating to retain the primetime crown. Last October 5, the GMA-7 series starring Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes bludgeoned its rivals by posting an astonishing 40 percent rating—capping a week of being on top.
The primetime group also welcomed Hwang Ji Ni into the fold. The new Kapuso Koreanovela immediately showed up by sharing fourth place with ABS-CBN's Lastikman. Both programs had identical 26.1 percent performance to jumpstart the week.
Here are the Top 10 programs in daytime and primetime for October 8.
October 8 (Monday)
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 23.5%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 21.9%
- Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (GMA-7) - 19.8%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 19.3%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 18.8%
- Kapamilya Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 18.6%
- Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 18.5%
- Prinsesa ng Banyera (ABS-CBN) - 16.8%
- Pilipinas Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 16.7%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 16.3%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 36.6%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 36.2%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 34.9%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN) / Hwang Ji Ni (GMA-7) - 26.1%
- Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 24.8%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 24.3%
- Jumong (GMA-7) - 24%
- Pangarap na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - 22.7%
- Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 19.8%
- Natutulog Ba ang Diyos (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines