New shows from both giant networks made their presence felt by moving and shaking the ratings game from October 26 to 30, based on the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manila households.
GMA-7's new game show Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade V hosted by Janno Gibbs, and ABS-CBN's new reality show Pinoy Mano-Mano: Celebrity Boxing Challenge hosted by Cesar Montano and Bayani Agbayani made impressive debuts last Saturday, Oct. 27, figuring prominently in the Top 10 primetime programs.
Kakasa Ka Ba Sa GradeV, a Mark Burnett production, debuted at No. 2—tied with Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho—with 30.7 percent rating. Pinoy Mano-Mano, featuring the boxing match between TJ Trinidad and Jordan Herrera, placed No. 6 on its pilot episode with 14.9 percent.
The top-rater last Saturday, however, was Bitoy's Funniest Videos which posted 32.6 percent rating.
The daytime viewing was dominated by the longest-running noontime show, Eat Bulaga, which got a 23.1 percent rating.
Meanwhile, the last episodes of two superhero series, GMA-7's Fantastic Man and ABS-CBN's Pedro Penduko at Ang Mga Engkantao, placed second and third, respectively. Mark Herras's Fantastic Man got the upper hand with 21.1 percent rating compared to the 17.8 percent rating of Matt Evans's Pedro Penduko.
Last Sunday, October 28, the Kapamilya network ruled the daytime slot as The Buzz (16.9 percent) and ASAP '07 (15.6 percent) grabbed the top two spots. They were closely followed by Kapuso network's SOP at No. 3 (15.4 percent) and Showbiz Central at No. 4 (15.4 percent).
Mel & Joey grabbed the top spot from perennial primetime Sunday leaders Tok! Tok! Tok! and Kap's Amazing Stories. The magazine show of Mel Tiangco and Joey de Leon posted a 27.5 percent rating, against the 26.2 percent of Paolo Bediones's game show Whammy, and the 24.7 percent of Bong Revilla's video-powered show.
With the entry of GMA-7's new suspense-drama series, La Vendetta, ABS-CBN's Ysabella was bumped off from the Top 10 primetime shows. La Vendetta placed No. 4 (31.1 percent) last Tuesday, October 30, while Ysabella dropped to No. 11 (20.1 percent).
The top three spots remained untouched: Marimar at No.1 (41.9 percent), Zaido at No. 2 (34.4 percent), and 24 Oras at No. 3 (31.5 percent). GMA-7's Koreanovela, Hwang Jini, took the 8th spot.
The highest rater among ABS-CBN shows was Kokey at No. 5 with 27.4 percent, followed by Pangarap na Bituin at No. 6, Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition at No. 7, TV Patrol World at No. 9, and Lastikman at No. 10.
The ratings for October 29, Monday, was not yet available at press time.
Here are the Top 10 daytime and primetime shows for October 26, 27, 28, and 30:
October 26 (Friday)
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 23%
- Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (GMA-7) - 22.4%
- Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 21.6%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 21.1%
- Couple or Trouble (GMA-7) - 18.8%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 18.7%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 17.3%
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 16.7%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- SiS (GMA-7) - 15.5%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 42.4%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 32.6%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 28.4%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 24.4%
- Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 24.1%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 22.9%
- Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 22.6%
- Pangarap na Bituin (ABS-CBN) / Lastikman (ABS-CBN) - 22%
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) - 17.2%
- Bubble Gang: Dosena (GMA-7) - 15.3%
October 27 (Saturday)
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 23.1%
- Fantastic Man (GMA-7) - 21.1%
- Pedro Penduko at Ang Mga Engkantao (ABS-CBN) - 17.8%
- Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 17.3%
- Cinema FPJ: Da King on ABS-CBN (GMA-7) - 16.7%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 16.5%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 16.4%
- StarTalk (GMA-7) - 13.2%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 12.7%
- Entertainment Live (ABS-CBN) - 10.5%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 32.6%
- Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade V (GMA-7) / Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 30.7%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 25.4%
- 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 17.1%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- Pinoy Mano-Mano: Celebrity Boxing Challenge (ABS-CBN) - 14.9%
- XXX (ABS-CBN) - 14.4%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 14%
- Nuts Entertainment (GMA-7) - 13.3%
- Sine Totoo (GMA-7) - 9.2%
October 28 (Sunday)
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 16.9%
- ASAP '07 (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- SOP (GMA-7) - 15.4%
- Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 15.2%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 12.8%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 12.7%
- Coke: Ride to Fame (GMA-7) - 12.6%
- Love Spell Presents Cindy-Ella (ABS-CBN) - 11.2%
- Boys Nxt Door (GMA-7) - 10.4%
- Ka Pete Na! Totally Outrageous Behavior (ABS-CBN) - 8.7%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 27.5%
- Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok (GMA-7) - 26.2%
- Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 24.7%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 23.1%
- All Star K (GMA-7) - 22.7%
- Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 21.8%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 21.3%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 19.2%
- Ful Haus (GMA-7) - 18.3%
- Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 14.9%
October 30 (Tuesday)
- Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 23.9%
- Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (GMA-7) - 23.4%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 22.2%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 21.3%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 20.6%
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 19.4%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 18.7%
- Couple or Trouble (GMA-7) - 18.5%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 15%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 41.9%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 34.4%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 31.5%
- La Vendetta (GMA-7) - 31.1%
- Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 27.4%
- Pangarap na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - 26.1%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 25.9%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 24.9%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 24.8%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN - 24.3%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines