Nina, Sitti, and Tuesday Vargas to compete in the finals of "Shall We Dance"


Soul siren Nina and her dance partner Efren Ibo(hidden) performed a freestyle jive inspired by Beyonce's hit song"Irreplaceable." Aside from Nina, Sitti and Tuesday Vargas are expected tocompete in the finals of of Shall We Dance to be aired on December 2.



Thesecond round of competition in ABC-5's Shall We Dance: The Celebrity DanceChallenge proved to be a tough one for singers Nina, Sitti and TuesdayVargas as they pushed themselves to the limit to make a lasting impression.

Tosay that the dance battle last Sunday was a tight one is an understatement. Butafter the dance showdown, soul siren Nina still emerged ontop. Sitti managed to grab the second place while Tuesday dropped to the lastspot.

Oneof the biggest compliments last Sunday came from judge Audie Gemora who toldNina, "Malinis ka kumanta, ergo, malinis ka din sumayaw." Nina and partnerEfren Ibo were a hit on the dance floor after performing a freestyle jiveinspired by Beyonce's hit song "Irreplaceable." Judge Regine thought Nina andEfren took their dance to another level while judge World BallroomChampion Ednah Ledesmacongratulated Efren for bringing out the best in Nina.

Tuesdayand partner Greg Dimarucut started off strong during the first leg of thecompetition but they weren't able to surpass their previous performance lastSunday. It wasn't exactly disappointing but all the judges noticed a few lapsesin their choreography. Probably they didn't practice enough to memorize theirroutines, but one thing's for sure, they need to come up with an extravagantroutine in the finals to get back into the race.

Sitti,who didn't get many praises during the first round, came up with a powerful performance last Sunday. Sitti's and partner MikeFlores's very theatrical choreography of Selena's "Dreaming of You" caughtAudie by surprise that made him react, "You know what, pang theater ang datingmo. Pag nag-cast ako ng West Side Story, may Maria na ako."

Duringthe November 18 episode of SWD, Philippine Idol finalist Raymond Sajorwas there to promote his World Vision concert this weekend. Host Lucy Torres-Gomezthen announced that Nina, Sitti and Tuesday will all be in the finals onDecember 2. The pairs have at least two weeks to rehearse before themuch-awaited championship round.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

ThisSunday, however, will be a recap episode and the start of the text-voting. So,be sure to watch Shall We Dance on Sunday, November 25, because Lucywill announce the voting mechanics. If you have a bet already, help her to win with your vote. One-fourth (25%) of the score will come from the text voteswhile the remaining 75% will come from the three judges' scores.

Moresurprises are lined up in this reality dance competition so don't miss ShallWe Dance: The Celebrity Dance Challenge on ABC-5 every Sunday at 9 p.m.

Trailer courtesy of ABC-5


WE RECOMMEND


FROM THE SUMMIT MEDIA NETWORK


SPONSORED CONTENT


COMMENTS

Loading comments

THIS JUST IN