Coco Martin recalls grudges against ABS-CBN and Kim Chiu in the past



Coco Martin admits that experiencing rejection in the past motivated him to try harder and improve his craft.

In the March 5 episode of Aquino & Abunda Tonight, the actor revealed that he was rejected twice by ABS-CBN because of his "bold star" image in the past.

“Dati bina-balewala ako. Actually dalawang beses akong tinanggihan ng ABS-CBN noon," disclosed Coco.

"May isang soap ni Judy Ann Santos, nag-inquire sa amin then okay na yung talent fee, yung role... tinawagan kami para sabihin na ‘Bold star pala ‘yan, hindi pwede.’ Masakit.”

The second rejection came when he was supposed to co-star with Shaina Magdayao and Rayver Cruz in a project.

“Love triangle ako nina Shaina at Rayver. Tinawagan ulit ako pero yun din ang dahilan nila... na sexy actor pala ako.”

How did he handle these rejections?

“Actually, yun ang naging pundasyon ko na parang kung ganyan ang tingin ninyo sa akin, papatunayan ko sa inyo.”

As a result of these rejections, Coco admitted that he harbored a grudge against the Kapamilya Network at that time.

“Siyempre noong naranasan ko yun, sumama ang loob ko sa ABS-CBN...

"Ang pumansin pa sa akin noon, ibang network. "Kumbaga, sa abroad, mataas ang respeto sa amin, tinitingala kami abroad pero pagdating dito sa atin, dun pa minamaliit.

"Nakabawi din naman dahil sila ang nagbukas sa akin ng pinto kung saan man ako ngayon.”

Kris Aquino reminded Coco that he has been reigning in the primetime block of ABS-CBN for the past five years, which means that he has already forgotten about his grudge against the Kapamilya Network.

In response, Coco flashed a wide smile.



RIFT WITH KIM CHIU? Boy Abunda took this opportunity to ask Coco regarding his supposed rift with Kim Chiu in the past.

The 32-year-old actor admitted, "Ang daming beses po [nagtampuhan]."

Kris then revealed that she had something to do with the gap although she stressed that she had already apologized to Coco.

"He hated us talaga, nag-naughty lang kami ni Kimmy. Matagal 'yon parang mga one month niya kaming hindi kinibo," recalled Kris.

Neither Coco nor Kris disclosed the reason for the rift but at the time when they were working together in Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo, rumors circulated that Kim and Kris were criticizing Coco's fashion sense.

When asked how he moved from the incident, Coco said that he took the time to clear the air before he worked with his leading lady in his new soap opera.

Coco and Kim are co-stars in Ikaw Lamang, which will air its pilot episode this Monday, March 10. This epic love story also stars Jake Cuenca and Julia Montes.

"Bago po mag-start yung show [Ikaw Lamang], nakapag-usap kami ni Kim.

"Actually hindi niya alam na maraming beses niya akong nasaktan na hindi niya sinasadya.

"Lalo ako lalaki ako, hindi ko naman ino-open sa kanya. After that, nakapag-usap kami bago magsimula itong soap opera at hanggang ngayon at least ay okay na kami."

Kris asked Mico del Rosario, Ad Prom manager of Star Cinema, for the box-office figures of Kim Chiu's latest movie. Bride for Rent reportedly grossed P330 million in the box-office.

Upon hearing this, Coco said that he feels pressured in doing this project with Kim.

"Unang una ngayon ko lang makakatambal si Kim. Hindi ko din alam kung tatanggapin ako ng fans niya, ng mga tao, sa unang pagtatambal namin."

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW


WE RECOMMEND


FROM THE SUMMIT MEDIA NETWORK


SPONSORED CONTENT


COMMENTS

Loading comments

THIS JUST IN