Game shows ruled the ratings game this weekend as ABS-CBN's Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal and GMA-7's Whammy! Push Your Luck finished first and second, respectively, in the daytime slot last Friday, November 23. Meanwhile, another Kapuso game show, Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok tied with Kap's Amazing Stories at No. 1 last Sunday, November 25.
Kris Aquino's game show, Deal or No Deal, topped the daytime slot last Friday with 23.6 percent while the game show of Paolo Bediones and Rufa Mae Quinto came in second with 21.7 percent. Another Kapamilya game show, Pilipinas, Game KNB? grabbed the seventh spot with 19.4 percent.
Interestingly, after a long time, ABS-CBN's daily noontime show Wowowee once again beat its rival GMA-7's Eat Bulaga, although by a very small margin. Wowowee got 20.2 percent while Eat Bulaga! had 20.1 percent, good for No. 5 and No. 6, respectively.
In the primetime race, six Kapuso shows barged in at the Top 10 with Marimar, as usual, leading the pack with 46.1 percent. Kamandag (40.8 percent), Zaido (35.2 percent), 24 Oras (33 percent), and La Vendetta (31.1 percent) grabbed the second to fifth spot, while Hwang Jini (22 percent) took the last spot.
Among ABS-CBN shows, TV Patrol World was the highest rater with 28.9 percent, which is good for No. 6. This was followed by Princess Sarah (No. 7, 25.9 percent), Pangarap na Bituin (No. 8, 22.8 percent), and Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 (No. 9, 22.3 percent).
Two other Kapamilya primetime shows, Lastikman (20.9 percent) and Ysabella (20 percent) just missed the Top 10.
In a surprise move, GMA-7 changed its daytime lineup last Saturday, November 25, by showing the first installment of the Enteng Kabisote franchise starring Vic Sotto. The move paid off as the movie topped all daytime shows with 28.1 percent.
Meanwhile, Eat Bulaga!—also co-hosted by Vic—came in second with 26 percent. Its rival, Wowowee, slipped to No. 6 with 17.3 percent.
Bitoy's Funniest Videos once again topped the primetime slot with 33.3 percent; closely followed by Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho with 33 percent.
Last Sunday, November 25, in the much-awaited battle of showbiz talks shows, Showbiz Central beat its rival, The Buzz, again with a convincing 17.7 percent rating compared to the latter's 15.1 percent. Aside from beating its competitor, Showbiz Central also ruled the overall daytime programming.
In the battle of musical variety shows, SOP had a very slim lead against ASAP '07—15.4 percent versus 15 percent, which is good for No. 3 and No. 5, respectively. Takeshi's Castle came in second with 15.5 percent.
Here are the Top 10 daytime and primetime programs from November 23 to 25, according to the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manila households:
November 23 (Friday)
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 23.6%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 21.7%
- Daisy Siete: Ulingling (GMA-7) - 20.6%
- Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 20.3%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 20.2%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 20.1%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 19.4%
- My Only Love (GMA-7) - 16.5%
- Couple or Trouble (GMA-7) - 14.6%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 13.8%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 46.1%
- Kamandag (GMA-7) - 40.8%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 35.2%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 33%
- La Vendetta (GMA-7) - 31.1%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 28.9%
- Princess Sarah (ABS-CBN) - 25.9%
- Pangarap Na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - 22.8%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 (ABS-CBN) - 22.3%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 22%
November 24 (Saturday)
- Kapuso Sine: Enteng Kabisote 1 (GMA-7) - 28.1%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 26%
- Super Inggo 1.5 (ABS-CBN) - 19.1%
- Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 17.7%
- Cinema FPJ: Da King on ABS-CBN (ABS-CBN) - 17.5%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 17.3%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 13.9%
- StarTalk (GMA-7) - 13.5%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 12.7%
- Entertainment Live (ABS-CBN) - 12.3%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 33.3%
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 33%
- Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade 5? (GMA-7) - 30.2%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 26.5%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 (ABS-CBN) - 26.1%
- 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 25.5%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 20.8%
- XXX (ABS-CBN) - 17.7%
- Nuts Entertainment (GMA-7) - 15.6%
- Pinoy Mano Mano (ABS-CBN) / Sine Totoo (GMA-7) - 10.4%
November 25 (Sunday)
- Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 17.7%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 15.5%
- SOP (GMA-7) - 15.4%
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 15.1%
- ASAP '07 (ABS-CBN) - 15%
- Kay Susan Tayo (GMA-7) - 13.1%
- Boys Nxt Door (GMA-7) - 11.7%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 11.6%
- Love Spell Presents Cindy-rella (ABS-CBN) - 11.1%
- Ka Pete Na! Totally Outrageous Behavior (ABS-CBN) - 8.9%
- Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) / Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok (GMA-7) - 31%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 27.7%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 24.7%
- Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 21%
- All Star K (GMA-7) - 20.8%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 20.1%
- Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 15.8%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- Ful Haus (GMA-7) - 14.4%
- That's My Doc (ABS-CBN) - 13.3%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines