ABS-CBN's impending courtroom battle against AGB Nielsen Media Research Philippines did nothing to faze the SexBomb dancers as their program, Daisy Siete, landed straight to the No. 1 spot last Friday, December 14, on the strength of its 19.2 percent rating.
Once again the gang led by Rochelle Pangilinan edged out Paolo Bediones and Rufa Mae Quinto's Whammy! Push Your Luck, which garnered a 19.0 percent rating to settle for second place.
The country's longest-running noontime show Eat Bulaga!, in the meantime, was in third place with a 18.8 percent rating, while Willie Revillame's Wowowee (15.8 percent) was at fifth spot behind Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (17.7 percent).
Three is not a crowd for Takeshi's Castle; Pilipinas, Game KNB? and Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal as they shared the sixth spot bearing identical 15.0 percent ratings.
Completing the daytime cast last Friday was Kristine Hermosa's Prinsesa ng Banyera, which amassed a 10.1 percent rating to catch the last bus.
Friday primetime was still a one-way street with Marimar leading the evening cast with a commanding 42.7 percent, followed by Kamandag's 37.4 percent. All five spots were occupied by GMA-7 shows—the other three being Zaido, La Vendetta, and 24 Oras.
Coming in at No. 6 was Vhong Navarro's Lastikman with a rating of 22.8 percent. Trailing at No.7 was Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (21.9 percent).
Saturday was once again ruled by Eat Bulaga. Asserting its weekend supremacy anew, Tito, Vic & Joey's show managed to keep a safe distance against the team of Pinoy ring icon Manny Pacquiao and college basketball standout Chris Tiu in Pinoy Records.
For December 15, Eat Bulaga! rolled with a 22 percent rating while Pinoy Records garnered a 19.8 percent rating. Cinema FPJ notched third place (17.4 percent) followed by Makisig Morales's Super Inggo 1.5 (16.6 percent).
Wowowee was untouched at the No.5 position, thanks mainly to its 16.5 percent rating.
Despite failing to make a strong impression throughout the week, Takeshi's Castle managed to close the week with a very strong performance. Saving its best, Takeshi's Castle zoomed to the top spot yesterday, December 16, with a 13.8 percent clip.
SOP ended up at second place, carrying a 12.8 percent followed by the dangerous Kay Susan Tayo (11.7 percent).
Showbiz Central once again pulled the rug out of rival, The Buzz. For yesterday, GMA-7's showbiz talk show tallied 10.3 percent, good for fifth spot while ABS-CBN's showbiz talk show gathered a grade of 9.4 percent.
Here are the Top 10 shows for daytime and primetime programming from December 14 to December 16 according to the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manila households:
December 14 (Friday)
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 19.2 %
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 19%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 18.8%
- Pasan Ko Ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 17.7%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 15.8%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) / Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) / Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 15%
- Couple or Trouble (GMA-7) - 14.7%
- My Only Love (GMA-7) - 14.2%
- SiS (GMA-7) - 11.5%
- Prinsesa ng Banyera (ABS-CBN) - 10.1%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 42.7%
- Kamandag (GMA-7) - 37.4%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 33.4%
- La Vendetta (GMA-7) - 29.7%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 29.6%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN) - 22.8%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 21.9%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 21.5%
- Princess Sarah (ABS-CBN) - 20.6%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 20.1%
December 15 (Saturday)
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 22%
- Pinoy Records (GMA-7) - 19.8%
- Cinema FPJ: Da King on ABS-CBN (ABS-CBN) - 17.4%
- Super Inggo 1.5 (ABS-CBN) - 16.6%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 16.5%
- Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 14.1%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 14%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 12.1%
- StarTalk (GMA-7) - 11.9%
- Entertainment Live (ABS-CBN) - 11.6%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 30.5%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 28.7%
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 27.5%
- Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade 5? (GMA-7) - 24.2%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 21.4%
- 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 21%
- XXX (ABS-CBN) - 18.8%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 17.8%
- Nuts Entertainment (GMA-7) - 14%
- Pinoy Mano-Mano (ABS-CBN) - 9.6%
December 16 (Sunday)
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 13.8%
- SOP (GMA-7) - 12.8%
- Kay Susan Tayo (GMA-7) - 11.7%
- Boys Nxt Door (GMA-7) - 11%
- Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 10.3%
- Movies in the Making (GMA-7) - 9.6%
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 9.4%
- ASAP '07 (ABS-CBN) - 9.1%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 7.1%
- Love Spell Presents Cindy-Rella (ABS-CBN) - 5.8%
- Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 23.8%
- Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok (GMA-7) - 23.6%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 20.5%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 17.7%
- All Star K (GMA-7) - 17.1%
- Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 16.5%
- Ful Haus (GMA-7) - 15.0%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 14.4%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 13.8%
- ABS-CBN Christmas Special (ABS-CBN) - 13.4%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines