In a few days, one pair will be chosen as the "Grand Couple" in ABS-CBN's romantic reality show I Do.
Now, why is this a big deal for the competing couples Chad Fontanilla-Sheela Beterbo and Yong Jin Kim-Kring Elenzano?
Aside from the expense-free grand wedding, the winners will receive a honeymoon package, negosyo package worth P1.5 million, house and lot with home appliances, and P1 million in cash.
I Do's remaining contenders were presented to media at a presscon held yesterday, November 4, at the 9501 restaurant of ELJ Communications Center, Mother Ignacia Avenue in Quezon City.
Here are the 10 interesting things about couples Jimmy-Kring and Chad-Sheela:
1. Jimmy and Kring rose from "bottom 2" to top 2.
2. For Sheela, joining the show was somewhat providential.
One night last year, while coordinating a cousin's wedding, she thought to herself, "Gusto ko nang magpakasal."
The following day, while watching TV, an announcement caught her attention. It was I Do's teaser ad screaming, "Gusto mo nang magpakasal?"
She saw that as a sign.
3. One of the major issues that Kring and Jimmy had to resolve was their cultural difference.
The marketing manager/ blogger said, "Actually, yun po kasi, before pa po nag-I Do, naramdaman na namin.
"Within I Do po namin siya natutuhang i-address kasi isa po yun sa mga binato sa ‘min nung bottom 2 pa kami, 'Bakit hindi ako nag-a-adjust sa kultura niya?'
"And, thankfully, in the weeks na nasa loob kami, talagang trinabaho niyang mag-adjust. Magaling na nga siyang mag-Tagalog ngayon, e."
4. What Chad had to do, "Natutunan ko po na mas magpursige at mas maging open."
The council initially deemed his financial status as a problem.
Now, aside from his job as a waiter, he's learning how to cook.
5. What Jimmy did to make it to top 2.
He reunited with his mom in South Korea, whom he has not seen in more than a decade.
6. Still on Jimmy, why is he afraid of ducks?
"I have seen chicken but not on the street na ang dami!!!"
7. Sheela is the first girlfriend of Chad, while Jimmy is the first boyfriend of Kring. She revealed, "Naligawan po ako, 23 na 'ata..."
8. Chad believes that their love story represents the plight of "masa."
Sheela averred, "Lord, yun lang yung meron kami."
9. Win or lose, both couples already have plans to say "I Do" this December.
10. Quotable quotes during the presscon:
Sheela: "Hindi niya kayang ilabas yung nararamdaman so nakakagalit kasi para sa akin, ‘Ano ba, ipagtanggol mo naman yung sarili mo!"
Chad: "Kailangan mong buuin yung sarili mo bago ka pumasok sa relasyon para maibigay mo yung buong pagmamahal mo sa partner mo."
Kring: "I don't want to spend one more day without him."
Jimmy: "I wanna marry her not because she's Filipina. She's Kring."
The announcement of winners will be on November 8.
To vote, text IDO A for Chad and Sheela or IDO B for Jimmy and Kring, then send to 2311 for Globe, TM, Sun, and ABS-CBNmobile subscribers and 231 for Smart and Talk 'N Text subscribers. One SIM card can only send as much as 30 votes.
The wedding will be on November 12.
Paul Cabral and Pepsi Herrera will do the gowns of the women, while Randy Ortiz will do the suits of men.
The airing of the wedding will be on November 15.