Burado, starring Julia Montes and Nadine Lustre, is officially erased.
A report of ABS-CBN News says Dreamscape Entertainment, the series producer, has announced it is cancelling the project.
Dreamscape Entertainment, one of ABS-CBN's content providing units, also produces the ongoing programs FPJ's Ang Probinsyano and Love Thy Woman.
Burado had already begun shooting in Thailand, and had made plans before the COVID-19 outbreak to shoot more scenes in other countries.
According to the report, Dreamscape says the pandemic is the reason it decided to shelve the series because Burado’s storyline involves action scenes that are “difficult to mount at this time.”
Another reason is that one of the male leads, Thai actor Denkhun Ngamnet, “cannot be flown in due to the pandemic.”
Ngamnet leads the cast of Burado with Paulo Avelino and Zanjoe Marudo.
The other cast members include Angel Aquino, Lotlot de Leon, Ina Raymundo, Joko Diaz, Raymond Bagatsing, Matet de Leon, Kokoy de Santos, and McCoy de Leon.
PEP Troika had earlier reported that Julia and Nadine had already backed out of the series, and that Arci Muñoz would be one of the replacements.
Some reports also claimed that Angelica Panganiban would become part of the cast, and that the series' title was being changed to Walang Hanggang Paalam.
PEP Troika also reported that Walang Hanggang Paalam started taping in Zambales last July 31, 2020.
Burado is the first upcoming teleserye in production to be cancelled by ABS-CBN during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bea Alonzo’s Kahit Minsan Lang and Ivana Alawi’s Ang Lihim ni Ligaya are said to be pushing through.
Jodi Sta. Maria and Iza Calzado’s Ang Sa Iyo Ay Akin is set to premiere on August 17.
ABS-CBN is presently airing its programs via the Kapamilya Channel on cable, and Kapamilya Online Live on Youtube and Facebook.