For the first time in its history, Amazing Race 28 features "social media influencers" or YouTube, Vine and Instagram stars. They are grouped into 11 teams that will compete against each other in the pursuit of the $1 million pot.
See your favourite online celebrities cross over to television as they begin the race from the symbolic spot of Monumento ala Revolucion in Mexico City and travel around the world.
The 28th installment of this iconic reality show franchise began filming last November 15, 2015, with host Phil Koeghan live streaming a blow by blow account of what was happening (in true digital age style).
Known to be one of the pioneers of the revolutionary reality show genre, Amazing Race has won the Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program more than any of its competition in that category.
Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri, and Mark Vertullo are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions.
The Amazing Race was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.
The cast is composed of Internet celebrities and their relatives or friends:
• YouTubers and friends Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl
• Dating YouTubers and Rooster Teeth hosts Burnie Burns and Ashley Jenkins
• YouTubers, Clevver hosts and best friends Erin White Robinson and Joslyn Davis
• Vine personality Cole LaBrant and mother Sheri LaBrant
• Vine personality Zach King and wife Rachel King
• Engaged YouTubers and choreographers Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina
• Instagram models and friends Jessica Versteeg and Miss Florida USA Brittany Oldehoff
• Viral video star Marty Cobb and daughter Hagan Parkman
• YouTuber Blair Fowler and father Scott Fowler
• Vine personalities and brothers Cameron Benson and Darius Benson
• YouTuber and professional frisbee player Brodie Smith and teammate Kurt Gibson
The Amazing Race 28 premieres February 13, Saturday at 7:55 pm (within 12 hours of the U.S. broadcast).
AXN is seen on Cable Link Channel 38, Cignal Digital TV Channel 61, Global Destiny Cable Channel 61, Dream Channel 20, Gsat Channel 12, and SKYCable Channel 49.
The Amazing Race 28 will feature social media influencers
by posted on February 11, 2016