The 12 grand finalists of Pilipinas Got Talent Season 5 are: Next Option, Crossover Family, Mastermind, Sto. Tomas Bulilit Generation, Sto. Tomas Bulilit Generation, UA Mindanao, Amazing Pyra, Power Duo, Ody Sto. Domingo, The Chosen Ones, Dino Splendid Acrobats, Kurt Philip Espiritu, and Power Impact Dancers.
ABS-CBN's talent competition Pilipinas Got Talent has revealed the top 12 grand finalists who will battle it out to be hailed as Season 5's grand champion.
The show is hosted by Billy Crawford and Luis Manzano. Former ABS-CBN President Freddie M. Garcia returned to his seat as one of the four judges of the competition. Joining him for this season's judging panel are Robin Padilla, Angel Locsin, and Vice Ganda.
Last Sunday, May 15, two more acts completed the line-up of finalists who will continue their journey to the live grand finale of the talent search. Thousands of acts all over the Philippines auditioned for the talent competiton but only 132 acts made it to the Judges Cull round of the talent search.
From 132 acts, the judges trimmed it down to 36 acts for the semi-finals.
The grand finals' performance night is scheduled to happen this coming Saturday, May 21, at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City. The grand winner of PGT 5 will be named this Sunday, May 22.
Here are the grand finalists of Pilipinas Got Talent Season 5:
1. Next Option. Davao-based singing group Next Option made it to the finals after getting the highest votes from viewers during the first round of the semi-finals last April 9 and 10.
The four-member boy band—composed of Anthony Africa, Carlo Jay Garcia, John Eidderf Abellana, Blaine Corda Nasser, and Jufil Pacatang—performed Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way" which earned them over 50.16% of the total votes which automatically sends them to the grand finals.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Crossover Family. Also a Davao City-based act, hip-hop dance group Crossover Family secured as spot on the grand finals after getting a unanimous vote from the judges. The group ranked 2nd during the first week of the live shows and went head-to-head with singing duo called Poor Voice for the Judges' Decision. FMG told the group, "You definitely entertained us. Ang ganda ng act niyo. Pero sa palagay ko kakapusin kayo sa finals."
3. Mastermind. All-male street dance group Mastermind also made it to the grand finals after getting the highest number of votes at the second round of the semi-finals last April 16 and 17. The nine-member Samar-based dance group gave a flawless routine and proved their are the kings of the dance floor. The group received 57.56% of the total viewers' votes, making them the third grand finalist of the competition.
4. Sto. Tomas Bulilit Generation. Young acrobrats Sto. Tomas Bulilit Generation gave a goosebump-inducing performance during the 2nd week of semi-finals round of Pilipinas Got Talent. After their jungle-inspired performance, judge Vice Ganda gave a standing ovation to the 8-member acrobatic group. Their performance earned them a unanimous vote from the judges, allowing them to move on to the grand finals.
5. UA Mindanao. Motocross performers UA Mindanao also led the viewers' votes after their death-defying performance on the 3rd week of live semi-finals. The group automatically advanced to the grand finals after winning the public's vote with 45.12% of the total votes.
6. Amazing Pyra. Fire dancer Mariana Puala Madrigal (also known as Amazing Pyra) secured a spot in the grand finals after a majority decision from the judges during the 3rd week of live semi-finals. The 20-year-old fire dancer from Antipolo City received votes from judges Vice Ganda, FMG, and Angel, letting her proceed to the final round. Meanwhile, Robin voted for Tron-inspired LED dance group F.A. Flow Circle.
7. Power Duo. Anjanette and Gelvin, collectively known as the acrobatic dance sport duo called Power Duo, won the hearts of viewers after an emotional performance to the song of KZ Tandingan titled "Wag Ka Nang Umiyak." Aside from a standing ovation from the four judges, Anja and Gelvin received 57.38% of the total votes from the 4th week of live shows which automatically secures them a position in the grand finals.
8. Ody Sto. Domingo. Close up magician Ody Sto. Domingo is the 8th act to secure a spot in the grand finals. Ody and dance group DM-X Comvalenoz were tied when they received two votes each from the judges. Vice Ganda and Angel voted for Ody while Robin and FMG placed their bets on DM-X Comvalenoz. To resolve this, they made the public decide and Ody won after getting 30.41% of the total votes.
9. The Chosen Ones. Four-member kiddie rock band The Chosen Ones impressed the judges and the viewers withe their cover of Francis Magalona's "Tayo'y Mga Pinoy" for the 5th week of live semi-finals. The group garnered 39.94% of the total votes, allowing them to take part in the grand finals happening in a few days.
10. Dino Splendid Acrobats. Batangas-based acrobatic group Dino Splendid Acrobats also gave a death-defying performance for Week 5 of live semi-finals of PGT 5. The six-member all-male group placed 3rd on the public vote but outshone golden buzzer act Mark Dune Bismayor as the judges favored the former to advance to the grand finals.
11. Kurt Philip Espiritu. Young acoustic singer Kurt Philip Espiritu charmed viewers with his cover of One Direction's "Drag Me Down." His performance earned him a total of 54.64% of the total votes from Week 6 of the talent competition's live semi-finals.
12. Power Impact Dancers. Completing this year's line-up of grand finalists is the Manila-based dance group Power Impact Dancers. The group had a deadlock with mud/sand artist Percival Donolo since they each received two votes. Eventually, the dance group advanced to the grand finals through a tie-breaker via the public's vote. Power Impact Dancers is the second "golden buzzer" act to secure a spot in the grand finals.
PEPsters, did your favorite acts make it to the Top 12? Who do you think will be the next Pilipinas Got Talent grand champion? Share your prediction in the comments section below: