Young actress KC Concepcion raises hunger awareness among the public through her work with Walk The World With Us, an organization dedicated to feeding millions—specifically, 59 million—of schoolchildren around the world.
The Walk the World With Us event will be held this Sunday at 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Bonifacio Global City in Taguig. KC will personally be there to help raise funds for a global school-feeding fund, which will keep 10,000 school children from Mindanao hunger-free. It's a fact that kids learn better on a full stomach.
Here are some of the hunger facts shared by the organization:
1) Every five seconds a child dies because she or he is hungry.
2) 10.9 million children fewer than five die in developing countries each year. Malnutrition and hunger-related diseases cause 60 percent of the deaths.
3) 524 million of the world's hungry live in South Asia - more than the populations of Australia and USA.
4) The number of chronically hungry people worldwide is growing by an average of four million per year ac current trends.
5) A hungry child can receive a school meal for only 10 US cents per day or 5 pesos.
Your five pesos can go a long way in helping someone live. Donating five pesos per day or P2,200 a year helps feed a hungry child.
You can help raise awareness and funds for these children. Walk with us this Sunday at the Bonifacio Global City. See you there!