“Are you tough enough to wear my crown?”
This was Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa's question when she posted on Instagram her photo with the 40 official candidates of Binibining Pilipinas 2017 beauty pageant.
The beauty queen joined the pageant twice.
During her first try in 2015, she made it to top 10. Last year, she was crowned Binibining Pilipinas-International.
In October 2016, when she competed in Tokyo, Japan, for the Miss International pageant, she was hailed as the sixth Pinay to win the title.
So if there's one advice Kylie can give to the candidates: Do not give up that easily.
Add to this are 13 tips to help the ladies have the confidence and endure the training.
1. Be natural, as natural as you can.
2. Practice makes perfect.
3. Know who to listen to, and whose opinion matters
4. Follow your intuition, think on your feet.
5. Be smart. Head over heart please.
6. Eat (healthy), you need energy. (Especially on stage) Bring chocolates when needed.
7. READ on your free time, bring a book! Expands your vocabulary and knowledge! I'm not supposed to be telling you this lol.
8. If you read pageant blogs, there is a 99% chance you WILL get hurt. (Especially for first timers).
9. Allot time for your social media, use wisely.
10. Workout, lift weights. Diet. (Cookie or crown?)
11. Boyfriend or crown?
12. Focus. EYES ON THE PRIZE
13. Pray. It's a tough world out there.