The holidays are a great excuse to throw or attend get-togethers with your barkada. It’s the best time to mingle and eat and drink—all while looking fab kahit anong oras.
Check out these three make-up looks you can try, mapa-brunch man o wine night.
FOR CHRISTMAS BRUNCH
For a Christmas get-together scheduled early in the day, it’s best to keep your look fresh and natural. Nothing too heavy or dramatic. Dapat, yung simpleng ganda lang.
- Use a light- to medium-coverage dewy foundation all over your face and neck. Blend with a foundation brush or blender. Dahil umaga ang lakad, you don’t want your foundation to look—and feel—heavy.
- Dot creamy concealer under the eyes and on blemishes to even out your skin tone.
- With a powder brush, loosely apply pressed powder on your T-zone (forehead, nose, chin, and around the mouth). This will keep the rest of your face looking dewy.
- Lightly apply a peachy cream blush on the apple of your cheeks. Then, apply a cream highlighter on the high points of the face (the tops of your cheekbones, on the brow bone, and down the bridge of your nose) for a flushed, healthy glow.
- Lightly fill in your eyebrows using EB Advance Fine Line Brow Liner to keep it looking natural. If your brows are thick and groomed, you can opt to just use a clear brow gel.
- Apply bronzer on your eyelids for a natural but polished look.
- Curl your lashes and apply EB Advance All Clear Mascara to brighten the eyes.
- Finish the look by lightly dabbing on lipstick in a muted warm terra-cotta hue, like EB Advance Absolute Matte Lipstick in Siesta, with your fingers. For that fresh, my-lips-but-better look, make sure the color is most concentrated at the center of your lips.
FOR WINE NIGHT
Christmas is the perfect time to pop the cork off the bottle of wine you’ve been saving all year (or the one your coworker gave you for Christmas just a few days ago—why wait, right?).
Since wine night is for the sophisticated adults you and your friends have grown into, it’s only fitting you go with a classy, sophisticated make-up look, too.
- Create a flawless base by applying primer all over your face.
- Even out your skin tone by applying foundation with a natural-looking finish.
- Dot concealer under the eyes and on blemishes.
- Dust loose powder all over the face to set your foundation.
- Apply powder blush on your cheeks with a brush. Add highlighter on the high points of your face.
- Contour the hollow of your cheeks, your jawline, and forehead with a cool-toned brown face powder.
- Draw on your eyebrows with light strokes using EB Advance Fine Line Brow Liner and brush it up with a clear brow gel.
- Go for a smoky eye by applying a mid-tone brown eyeshadow all over the lids and lining your lash line with black eyeliner. Then, add black eyeshadow and smudge it with a brush, blending it halfway up your lid.
- Curl your lashes and apply EB Advance All Clear Mascara to open up the eyes.
- To keep the attention on your smoky eyes, swipe on a neutral beige lippie like EB Advance Absolute Matte Lipstick in Habit.
FOR THE ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS BASH
If you and your friends are throwing the Christmas party to end all Christmas parties—with dancing, drinks, glittery dresses, and all—here’s a make-up look we suggest you try. Because when else can you rock dramatic red lips and sparkling eyeshadow if not at the party of the year?
- Prep your skin with primer to help your make-up stick.
- Apply a long-lasting foundation that matches your skin tone on your face and neck. Carefully blend with a brush or make-up blender.
- Dab on concealer under your eyes and on any blemishes you may have.
- Apply matte loose or pressed powder to set your make-up base and to keep hulas at bay.
- Instead of blush, use bronzer on your cheeks to keep the focus on your eyes and lips.
- Brush your brows with a clear or tinted brow gel, or use a brow liner like EB Advance Fine Line Brow Liner. Keep your brows looking natural but still clean and groomed to keep your look from looking too strong.
- On the crease of your eyes, apply a mid-tone brown eyeshadow. Swipe a darker brown shade on the outer corners of your eyes in a sideways V-shape. Then, add sparkly gold shadow all over the lids, avoiding the crease and outer corner. Create a cat-eye look using a black eyeliner.
- Curl your lashes and apply EB Advance All Clear Mascara to finish your eye make-up.
- Finally, apply a bright red lipstick like EB Advance Absolute Matte Lipstick in Boss to complete the look.
The EB Advance Absolute Matte Lipsticks (Php185 SRP), EB Advance Fine Line Brow Liner (Php120 SRP), and EB Advance All Clear Mascara (Php125 SRP) are available at Ever Bilena counters in department stores nationwide and online.
The EB Advance Absolute Matte Lipsticks is available in six different shades: Boss, a blue-based red; Galore, a muted burgundy; Habit, a neutral deep beige; Perk, a bright light coral; Plush, a mauvey brown; and Siesta, a muted warm terracotta.
These products don’t just help you complete your fab look, they’ll make for great Christmas gifts for the women in your life, too!