On Instagram, Isabelle revealed the story behind her ensemble.
It was actually the terno that her mom, Miss Universe 1969 Gloria Diaz, wore at the coronation of Miss Universe 1994 Sushmita Sen 25 years ago.
The terno was designed by Pepito Albert.
Gloria also posted on Instagram side-by-side photos of her and Isabelle wearing the same gown.
Proud of this look, Isabelle felt that repurposing vintage clothes is another way of promoting sustainable fashion.
The ABS-CBN Ball 2019 was for the benefit of Bantay Bata 163. This year, the foundation is focused on raising funds for its Bantay Edukasyon Program.
For more stories about the ball, read here:
- Vice Ganda, Anne Curtis laugh off negative comments about their ABS-CBN Ball 2019 gowns
- Chie Filomeno slams bashers of her ABS-CBN Ball 2019 look
- Judy Ann Santos to auction off ABS-CBN Ball gowns for charity
- Francis Magundayao pays tribute to Filipino farmers at ABS-CBN Ball 2019
- Joshua Garcia enjoys going solo at ABS-CBN Ball 2019