Want spaghetti that will impress your family and friends?
Here’s an idea: Swap the usual ground beef with shrimp. This simple ingredient switch elevates the flavor of your spaghetti. Also, if you’re serving this for your upcoming holiday gathering, adding a little something special is worth it.
Next, choose your spaghetti sauce wisely. Make sure its taste, consistency, and aroma complements the flavor of the shrimp. Chef Rolando Laudico uses the new Royal® Sweet Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce, a rich thick sauce infused with the captivating aroma of basil. Partnered with the Royal® Spaghetti, the high-quality pasta for over 100 years, your family and friends will definitely keep coming back for your spaghetti!
Let Chef Lau, joined by Dawn Zulueta, show you how to prepare this easy spaghetti dish that will impress your family and friends. Watch how you can prepare this dish for your holiday potluck parties:
Royal Creamy Shrimp Marinara Spaghetti
1 pack Royal® Spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons Selecta Butterfresh Margarine
1 kilogram medium sized shrimps, shelled
1 piece onion, diced
2 pieces garlic cloves, minced
1 kilogram Royal® Sweet Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce
¾ cup salted pasta water
2 cups all purpose cream
salt and pepper to taste
fresh sliced basil
- Cook Royal® Spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and reserve ¾ cup salted pasta water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of Selecta Butterfresh Margarine in a skillet on medium-high heat then cook shrimp. Cook on one side for about 1 minute or until shrimps turn pink. While it cooks, season with chili flakes, salt, and pepper. When pink, turn over to the other side and cook for 1 minute. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add remaining olive oil and margarine over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic, and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Pour Royal® Sweet Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce and ½ cup reserved pasta water. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream. Season with pepper. If sauce is still thick, put back on heat and add the remaining ¼ cup of reserved pasta water to thin the sauce. Remove from heat and add the shrimps, basil, and cooked pasta. Serve immediately.