Kaldereta is usually reserved for special occasions such as parties and reunions with family and friends.
Now what would it be like to fuse this meat stew with another special-occasion dish?
Chef Rolando Laudico combines kaldereta and spaghetti to come up with Royal Pinaliyab na Kaldereta Spaghetti. For the right thickness and rich flavor, he uses the new Royal Sweet Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce.
Let Chef Lau, joined by Dawn Zulueta, show you how to prepare this spaghetti dish that will surely impress your family and friends:
Royal Pinaliyab na Kaldereta Spaghetti
1 pack ROYAL® Spaghetti
½ kg beef brisket (diced small)
¼ cup oil
1 cup white onions (diced)
½ cup garlic (minced)
4-8 pieces siling labuyo (chopped)
½ cup gin
½ cup liver spread
1 kilogram ROYAL® Sweet Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce
1½ - 2 cups water
1 cup cheese (grated)
1 cup red and green bell peppers (diced small)
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook ROYAL® Spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- In a very hot pan, pour the oil. Add beef and cook one side for about 3 to 5 minutes or until very brown. When browned, cook other side until brown as well.
- Add onions, garlic, and siling labuyo. Let it cook for 2 minutes then add gin. Tilt pan slightly to flame and cook the gin (careful as it flares up).
- Once flame is gone, add liver spread and then pour ROYAL® Sweet Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce. Add water and simmer on low heat for 30 to 45 minutes or until beef is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Toss cooked ROYAL® Spaghetti in the sauce. Top with grated cheese and garnish with red and green bell peppers.