Picking up from where it left off, Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap retained the number one spot in the daytime category last Friday, October 19, through its 22.5 percent rating. Concurrent afternoon drama series, Pasan Ko ang Daigdig, came in second with 20.8 percent.
This is based on the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manila households.
After a strong start GMA-7's new game show Whammy! Push Your Luck slid to No. 7 overall on the same day with 17.5 percent clip. This is in contrast to Kristine Hermosa's Prinsesa ng Banyera, which moved a notch higher with its 16. 8 percent grade, good for No. 9. A day before, October 18, Prinsesa ng Banyera made its entry into the winning circle at No. 10 with a 12.6 percent rating.
Due to the afternoon bombing in Glorietta Mall 2, Makati City, news program 24 Oras tallied an impressive 30.1 percent rating, while ABS-CBN's TV Patrol World also gathered a strong 28.1 percent.
Ending its epic run, Jumong bid goodbye to Philippine primetime television by landing at the No. 5 spot with its 29.6 percent rating. The country's longest running gag show Bubble Gang proved that it still holds the nation in stitches, thanks to its 22.3 percent rating, which is good for No. 10 overall. The hilarious gang showed the first installment of their two-part series called Dosena.
Despite falling short to land inside the Top 10, Angel Locsin and Sam Milby's Maalaala Mo Kaya episode boosted the show's figures exponentially at 21.7 percent—definitely one of the highest among the longest-running drama anthologies in recent months.
In its strongest showing to date, Matt Evans's Pedro Penduko at ang mga Engkantao drew out its collective spell to put the October 20, Saturday, competition dead in its tracks. Raging its way to the top spot in the daytime category, Pedro Penduko gathered a 22.7 percent rating to overtake Eat Bulaga, which after a long while found itself tied with archrival Wowowee. Both noontime shows shared a 20.8 percent rating to occupy the second spot.
ABS-CBN's Fernando Poe Jr. tribute also weaved positive results for the Kapamilya network as Cinema FPJ: Da King on ABS-CBN barged into fourth place, based on the strength of its 16.7 percent performance.
Saturday primetime said goodbye to powerhouse show Celebrity Duets as it ended its season with social butterfly and columnist Tessa Prieto-Valdes taking home the crown, despite her suffering from a hoarse voice due to the unpredictable weather and long hours of practice. For its last airing, Celebrity Duets nearly stole the thunder from Bitoy's Funniest Videos with its 27.7 percent rating as compared to Michael V's gag show 28.5 percent lead.
Sunday daytime was Showbiz Central day as it edged out rival The Buzz with its 17.7 percent rating. The Buzz (14.6 percent) settled for fourth spot overall. Showbiz Central featured the birthday celebrations of co-hosts Pia Guanio and Mo Twister, while The Buzz had an exclusive interview with Sam Milby, who threatened to sue Lolit Solis if she fails to retract or apologize for what she wrote about him and Piolo Pascual.
Comedian Brod Pete scored a touchdown as his new show debuted at No. 10 in the daytime race. For its premiere telecast, Ka Pete Na! Totally Outrageous Behavior managed to collect 8.8 percent rating.
The primetime contest did not offer anything new. Kap's Amazing Stories still held the No. 1 position with its 32.8 percent rating against closest rival Tok! Tok! Tok!'s 31.1 percent.
Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition Season 2 continues to climb its way to the top. Its Sunday edition saw it occupying the eighth spot with its 15.9 percent rating. It's important to note that PBB, on paper and before it unveiled its curtain, was being touted as a strong contender to rank high in the ratings game.
Daytime programming yesterday, October 22, revealed an interesting twist. Shooting its way to the top, Kris Aquino's Deal or No Deal engaged Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap in a deadlock at the No. 1 spot. Both shows carried identical ratings of 22.6 percent.
Whammy! Push Your Luck (19.6 percent) redeemed itself by rallying at No. 3 behind Eat Bulaga's 20.4 percent.
Primetime Monday was still under Marimar's mercy as Marian Rivera sat solely at the No. 1 spot followed by Zaido's 35.4 percent rating. GMA-7's primetime newscast 24 Oras placed No. 3 with 32.1 percent.
Numbers four, five, and six were all occupied by ABS-CBN: Kokey (25.8 percent), TV Patrol World (24.8 percent), and Pangarap na Bituin (24.5 percent) improved their performance to inch closer to the top three positions, all being held hostage by GMA-7 programs.
Here are the Top 10 daytime and primetime programs last October 19 to 22.
October 19 (Friday)
- Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (GMA-7) - 22.5%
- Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 20.8%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 20.1%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 19.4%
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 19%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 18.6%
- Couple or Trouble (GMA-7) - 17.8%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 17.5%
- Prinsesa ng Banyera (ABS-CBN) - 16.8%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 16.5%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 41%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 31.7%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 30.1%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 30%
- Jumong (GMA-7) - 29.6%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 28.1%
- Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 27%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN) - 26.9%
- Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 23.8%
- Bubble Gang: Dosena (GMA-7) - 22.3%
October 20 (Saturday)
- Pedro Penduko at ang mga Engkantao (ABS-CBN) - 22.7%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) / Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 20.8%
- Fantastic Man (GMA-7) - 16.9%
- Cinema FPJ: Da King on ABS-CBN (ABS-CBN) - 16.7%
- Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 16.4%
- StarTalk (GMA-7) - 14.4%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 13.3%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 12.9%
- Entertainment Live (ABS-CBN) - 11.5 %
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 28.5%
- Celebrity Duets (GMA-7) - 27.7%
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 26.6%
- 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 23.2 %
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 22.9%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 21.4%
- XXX (ABS-CBN) - 21.2%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 (ABS-CBN) - 18.1%
- John En Shirley (ABS-CBN) - 17.2%
- Nuts Entertainment (GMA-7) - 12.2%
October 21 (Sunday)
- Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 17.7%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 15.8%
- SOP (GMA-7) - 15.5%
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 14.6%
- ASAP '07 (ABS-CBN) - 14.3%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 13.3%
- Boys Nxt Door (GMA-7) - 12.2%
- Love Spell Presents: Cindy-Rella (ABS-CBN) - 11.8%
- Coke: Ride to Fame (GMA-7) - 11.4%
- Ka Pete Na! Totally Outrageous Behavior (ABS-CBN) - 8.8%
- Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 32.8%
- Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok (GMA-7) - 31.1%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 23.2%
- Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 20.8%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 20.4%
- All Star K (GMA-7) - 19.3%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 17.6%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 (ABS-CBN) - 15.9%
- Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 15.6%
- Ful Haus (GMA-7) - 15.2%
October 22 (Monday)
- Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (GMA-7) / Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 22.6%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 20.4%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 19.6%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 19.4%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 19%
- Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 18.9%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 16.6%
- Couple or Trouble (GMA-7) - 15.8%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 15.7%
- Prinsesa ng Banyera (ABS-CBN) - 14.2%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 42.6%
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 35.4%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 32.1%
- Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 25.8%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 24.8%
- Pangarap Na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - 24.5%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 23.2%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN) - 22.9%
- Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 22.2%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2 (ABS-CBN) - 20.3%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines