Daisy Siete continued its winning run as "Tabachingching" concluded its season on top with a 26.9 percent rating in the daytime race last Friday, November 16, to beat Eat Bulaga! (24.1 percent), Whammy! Push Your Luck (22.4 percent), and Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (21.2 percent). Daisy Siete's final stretch was the number one daytime program the entire week.
But the biggest news was reserved in the primetime category. Marimar broke boundaries once more by registering a startling 49.5 percent rating to shatter its previous best of 48.5 percent last November 13.
Viewers and critics are now waiting with bated breath to see whether Marimar would finally make it into the elite circle of programs that have reached 50% or plus rating.
Saturday shows in the daytime column found themselves stung as the primer of GMA-7's new fantaserye Kamandag, starring Richard Gutierrez, slithered its way to the No. 1 spot, based on the might of its 29 percent rating. Eat Bulaga! wasn't far behind as the longest-running noontime show in the country gave Ang Bagsik ng Kamandag a tough time with its 28.2 percent clip.
The12th anniversary presentation of StarTalk, which is co-hosted by the controversial Lolit Solis, placed No. 6 overall with its 16 percent performance. Makisig Morales's Super Inggo 1.5, in the meantime, slipped to seventh spot as the one-time topnotcher amassed a 15.1 percent rating.
In the primetime race, Michael V's Bitoy's Funniest Videos once more wrestled the lead from Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho. This time, Bitoy's program garnered a strong 35.3 percent rating, followed by Janno Gibbs's Kakasa Ka Ba sa Grade 5's 33.1 percent. Jessica Soho's magazine show settled at No.3 with 28.3 percent rating.
SOP ruled the Sunday daytime race through its 15.4 percent rating, thanks to its 1st Music Video Awards presentation. Rival ASAP '07, meanwhile, collected a 13.9 percent rating for third place.
No one emerged as victorious in the battle of showbiz talk shows as The Buzz and Showbiz Central shared the fourth spot with both at 13.4 percent rating.
In the primetime battle, the momentum once again shifted to Bong Revilla's Kap's Amazing Stories, which generated a 29.4 percent rating to trample Paolo Bediones's Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok (26.9 percent).
Here are the Top 10 shows for daytime and primetime programming from November 16 to 18 according to the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manila households:
November 16 (Friday)
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 26.9%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 24.1%
- Whammy! Push Your Luck (GMA-7) - 22.4%
- Pasan Ko Ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 21.2%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 18.2%
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 16.6%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 16.1%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 16%
- My Only Love (GMA-7) - 15.7%
- Couple or Trouble (GMA-7) - 14.4%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 49.5 %
- Zaido (GMA-7) - 37.9%
- La Vendetta (GMA-7) - 36%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 30.9%
- Hwang Jini (GMA-7) - 27.6%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 23.5%
- Princess Sarah (ABS-CBN) - 23.3%
- Pangarap Na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - 21.4%
- Lastikman (ABS-CBN) / Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 19.8%
- Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 18.7%
November 17 (Saturday)
- Ang Bagsik Ng Kamandag (GMA-7) - 29%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 28.2%
- Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 24.4%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 17%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 16.7%
- StarTalk (GMA-7) - 16%
- Super Inggo 1.5 (ABS-CBN) - 15.1%
- Cinema FPJ: Da King on ABS-CBN (ABS-CBN) - 14.1%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 13.2%
- Entertainment Live (ABS-CBN) - 11.4%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 35.3%
- Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade 5? (GMA-7) - 33.1%
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 28.3%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 22.4%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 21.4%
- 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 20.7%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 19.8%
- XXX (ABS-CBN) - 14.8%
- Nuts Entertainment (GMA-7) - 12.1%
- Pinoy Mano-Mano (ABS-CBN) - 7.8%
November 18 (Sunday)
- SOP (GMA-7) - 15.4%
- Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 14.4%
- ASAP '07 (ABS-CBN) - 13.9%
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) / Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 13.4%
- Kay Susan Tayo (GMA-7) - 12.7%
- Boys Nxt Door (GMA-7) - 9.5%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) / Love Spell Presents Cindy-rella (ABS-CBN) - 8.7%
- Ka Pete Na! Totally Outrageous Behavior (ABS-CBN) - 7.7%
- Pinoy Mano-Mano (ABS-CBN) - 6.6%
- Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 29.4%
- Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok (GMA-7) - 26.9%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 24.9%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 22.4%
- Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 22.2%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 18%
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (ABS-CBN) - 16.9%
- Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 16.5%
- All Star K (GMA-7) - 15.7%
- Ful Haus (GMA-7) - 14.4%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines