Earlier this afternoon, January 19, PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) received a copy of the official statement of ABS-CBN on the "sinungaling" accusation of a GMA-7 executive against Dyan Castillejo. The official statement was written by Mr. Bong Osorio, ABS-CBN corporate communications head.
It should be recalled that GMA-7 senior program manager Redgie Magno told select entertainment editors and writers last January 16, that Dyan's camp was lying when they said that the senior sports correspondent of ABS-CBN interviewed Manny Pacquiao for only "35 minutes" during the victory party tendered by Ilocos Sur Governor Chavit Singson for the Filipino boxing champ last December 22. Ms. Magno claimed that the interview went on for "about three hours." (Click here to read related story.)
But ABS-CBN stands by its earlier statement that Dyan interviewed Pacquiao for only 35 minutes.
According to ABS-CBN, Dyan and her team "waited patiently for two hours before they were asked to start the interview, which was done with the prior knowledge and permission of Pacquiao and the host of the party."
Without mentioning Ms. Magno's name, ABS-CBN said, "It is conduct unbecoming of a TV executive to be calling Castillejo ‘sinungaling.' It is certainly not our style to feed misleading information or invent details for the media."
The Kapamilya network also said that in spite of the alleged negative campaign, the Sports Unlimited host "has remain unfazed and will continue to deliver news stories that matter to the Filipino people such as the triumphs of Pacquiao, who serves as an inspiration to our countrymen."