Consistent Mega Manila primetimetop drawer Marimar fell short againstVhong Navarro's fantasy series Lastikmanin the overall Nationwide Urban TV Audience Measurement (NUTAM) tally conductedby AGB Nielsen Media Research, Philippines covering the entirety of 2008.
The Mars Ravelocreation registered an averageof 36.4 percent rating against the 34.8 percentclip accumulated by the local version of the popular Mexican telenovela, which ran from August 13, 2007 to March 14, 2008 and starred Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera. Lastikman's triumph was bolstered by abig final rally leading to its final episode January 25, 2008.
ABS-CBN's TV remake of the classic horror film Patayin sa Sindak si Barbara, starring Kris Aquino, wound up sharing the same total as Marimar, with Kung Fu Kids trailing behind. The first locally producedlive-action fantasy series, which generated a total rating of 33.7, was a toughcontender in the nationwide survey since its January 28, 2008 debut until itsfinal airing on April 25, 2008.
KungFu Kids was launched simultaneously with Angel Locsinand Piolo Pascual's Lobo and Jake Cuenca and Cesar Montano's action series Palos—allrepresenting the Kapamilya Network's then new primetime block triumvirate.Between Lobo and Palos, however, only the former managed to penetrate the winningcolumn, finishing eight overall with an average of 32.0 percent behind AnneCurtis's current program, Dyosa.
Another Mars Raveloclassic made it into the final cut. Dyesebel,the legendary Filipino mermaid adapted by GMA-7, clinched thefifth spot with a 33.3 percent rating. It is interesting to point outthat only two Kapuso shows—both featuring the hot tandem of Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes—entered the primetime list.
Other shows that made it to the elite circle are The Singing Bee (No. 6), TV Patrol World (No.9), and I Love Betty La Fea and Iisa Pa Lamang (tied at No. 10 and 11)
WILLIERULES DAYTIME RACE. Willie Revillame's noontime variety gameshow Wowowee asserted itsstrong hold of the nationwide weekday daytime contest for 2008. Tallying 22.1percent, Wowowee edged out El Cuerpo Del Deseo's 21 percent andGMA-7's afternoon drama offering, GaanoKadalas ang Minsan?.
Registering a rating of18.7 percent, Roxanne Guinoo's Ligaw naBulaklak settled for fourth place though Pilipinas, Game KNB? and MagdusaKa bore identical figures, technically making the slot a three-way tie.
The country's longest-running noontime variety show EatBulaga! cornered the eight spot behind Ryan Agoncillo's Pieta.
Kristine Hermosa's Prinsesa ng Banyera and Yasmien Kurdi's Saan Darating ang Umaga? carriedidentical ratings of 17.1 percent to round up the daytime category.
WEEKENDWINNERS. Despite receiving lukewarm response in the MegaManila survey, KC Concepcion's coming-out TV drama anthology special, I Am KC, fared exceptionally well in thenationwide race.
IAm KC—conceptualized then to give the public a glimpse ofKC's acting prowess—premiered on March 29, 2008. The show, which featuredfour different episodes, logged in a total rating of 28.3 percent but still fellshort to eventual topnotcher Komiksin the primetime division for weekend.
ABS-CBN programsdominated the category with Pinoy BigBrother Teen Edition Plus, MaalaalaMo Kaya, The Singing Bee, Goin' Bulilit, 1 vs. 100, Volta, and Rated K making the list.
Michael V's Bitoy's Funniest Videos was the loneGMA-7 program in the given category, earning a rating of 25.9 percent; which was goodenough to nail the seventh spot.
The rivalry between Wowowee and Eat Bulaga! was alive once again as reflected in the weekenddaytime battle.
Willie Revillame bestedthe noontime show of Tito, Vic & Joey as Wowoweecame out on top with a 21.9 percent rating against Eat Bulaga's 18.2. ASAP '08settled for third place while Cinema FPJDa King on ABS-CBN trailed closely with 18 percent. Other shows that madeit in the Top 10 were Your Song, Dragon Ball Z, The Buzz, Love Spell, Wish Ko Lang, and Pilipinas, Game KNB?.
Here are the top weekdayand weekend programs covering the year 2008, based on a survey conducted by AGBNielsen among NUTAM households:
TopWeekday Programs (Daytime)
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 22.1%
- El Cuerpo Del Deseo (ABS-CBN) - 21%
- Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan (GMA-7) - 19.2%
- Ligaw Na Bulaklak (ABS-CBN) - 18.7%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 18.7%
- Magdusa Ka (GMA-7) - 18.7%
- Pieta (ABS-CBN) - 17.7%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 17.2%
- Saan Darating Ang Umaga? (GMA-7) - 17.1%
- Prinsesa Ng Banyera (ABS-CBN) - 17.1%
TopWeekday Programs (Primetime)
- Lastikman*** (ABS-CBN) - 36.4%
- Marimar (GMA-7) - 34.8%
- Patayin Sa Sindak Si Barbara (ABS-CBN) - 34.8%
- Kung Fu Kids (ABS-CBN) - 33.7%
- Dyesebel (GMA-7) - 33.3%
- The Singing Bee (ABS-CBN) - 33.2%
- Dyosa (ABS-CBN) - 32.2%
- Lobo (ABS-CBN) - 32%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 31.2%
- I Love Betty La Fea (ABS-CBN) - 30.5%
- Iisa Pa Lamang (ABS-CBN) - 30.5%
TopWeekend Programs (Daytime)
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 21.9%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 18.2%
- ASAP '08 (ABS-CBN) - 18.1%
- Cinema FPJ: Da King on ABS-CBN (ABS-CBN) - 18%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 15.4%
- Dragon Ball Z (GMA-7) - 14.6%
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 14.5%
- Love Spell (ABS-CBN) - 14.2%
- Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 14.2%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 13.5%
TopWeekend Programs (Primetime)
- Komiks (ABS-CBN) - 28.4%
- I Am KC (ABS-CBN) - 28.3%
- Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Plus (ABS-CBN) - 27.7%
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) - 27.6%
- The Singing Bee (ABS-CBN) - 26.4%
- Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 26.2%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 25.9%
- 1 Vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 25.6%
- Volta (ABS-CBN) - 24.7%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 24.6%
***Final4 weeks (January 1-25, 2008)
Source:AGB Nielsen Media Research, Philippines