ABS-CBN's inspirational drama May Bukas Pa regained leadership in the July 5 to 11 survey of AGB Nielsen Philippines among Total Urban Luzon households. May Bukas Pa had an average household rating of 30.2 percent, followed by GMA-7's action series Zorro with 28.9 percent.
Former No. 1 Tayong Dalawa (ABS-CBN) slipped to third place with 28.7 percent. Kapuso network's primetime newscast 24 Oras and Kapamilya network's romantic-comedy series Only You came in fourth and fifth with 28.2 percent and 27.8 percent, respectively.
Rosalinda, the new GMA-7 soap starring Carla Abellana and Geoff Eigenmann, entered the race at seventh place with 26.4 percent, behind TV Patrol World's 26.6 percent.
Completing the Top 10 are Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (25 percent), Eat Bulaga! (23.8 percent), and Rated K (23.5 percent).
Re-entering the winners' circle are Are You The Next Big Star? (No. 17) and Pinoy Records (No. 25).
Meanwhile, the following programs improved their rankings from the previous week: Bitoy's Funniest Videos (from No. 19 to No. 11), Boys Over Flowers (No. 17 to No. 11), Maalaala Mo Kaya (No. 15 to 13), The Singing Bee (No. 24 to No. 16), All My Life (No. 21 to No. 19), and Wowowee (No. 28 to No. 22).
GMA-7 had 15 shows in the Top 30, while ABS-CBN had 14, and TV5 had one (Talentadong Pinoy, No. 15).
The Kapuso network is still slightly ahead of ABS-CBN in terms of channel rating (15.3 percent vs. 14.5 percent) and audience share (36.9 percent vs. 35 percent).
Here are the Top 30 programs from July 5 to 11, 2009 based on the survey of AGB Nielsen Philippines among Total Urban Luzon TV households:
- May Bukas Pa (ABS-CBN) - 30.2%
- Zorro (GMA-7) - 28.9%
- Tayong Dalawa (ABS-CBN) - 28.7%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 28.2%
- Only You (ABS-CBN) - 27.8%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 26.6%
- Rosalinda (GMA-7) - 26.4%
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 25%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 23.8%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 23.5%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 23.4%
- Boys Over Flowers (ABS-CBN) - 22.9%
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) - 22.7%
- Adik Sa 'Yo (GMA-7) - 22.6%
- Talentadong Pinoy (TV5) - 22.3%
- The Singing Bee (ABS-CBN) - 20.5%
- Are You The Next Big Star? (GMA-7) - 20.3%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 20.2%
- All My Life (GMA-7) - 19.8%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 19.6%
- XXX (ABS-CBN) - 19.4%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 19.2%
- Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 19.1%
- Kung Aagawin Mo ang Lahat Sa Akin (GMA-7) - 18.6%
- Pinoy Records (GMA-7) - 18.1%
26-27. All Star K (GMA-7) - 17.9%
26-27. Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 17.9%
28. Cinema FPJ: Umpisahan Mo, Tatapusin Ko (ABS-CBN) - 17.7%
29. Kambal Sa Uma (ABS-CBN) - 17.5%
30. The Wedding (ABS-CBN) - 17.4%
Source: AGB Nielsen Phils.