ABS-CBN's inspirational drama May Bukas Pa retained its position as the No. 1 program in Total Urban Luzon area, based on the survey of AGB Nielsen Phils. for the July 12-18, 2009 period.
May Bukas Pa scored an average household rating of 31 percent to lead all programs, while fellow Kapamilya drama series Tayong Dalawa moved from third to second by virtue of its 30 percent rating.
GMA-7's action-fantaserye Zorro slipped to third from second with its 29.9 percent rating. It was followed by GMA News and Public Affair's 24 Oras (29.1 percent) and Kapuso Mo, Jessica (28.9 percent) to complete the Top 5.
The rest of the Top 10 was occupied by ABS-CBN's Only You (28.7 percent), TV Patrol World (27.5 percent), and Rated K (25.8 percent), and GMA-7's Imbestigador (25.6 percent) and Rosalinda (24.4 percent).
That week's (July 12-18) "leapers" were Imbestigador, which climbed to No. 9 from No. 18; All My Life, to No. 14 from No. 19; Kung Aagawin Mo ang Lahat Sa Akin, to No. 16 from No. 24; and Sharon, to No. 17 from No. 26-27. All shows, except for Sharon, are from GMA-7.
Those who took a "hard fall" were Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7), from No. 11 to No. 18; Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN), from 13 to No. 20; The Singing Bee (ABS-CBN), from No. 16 to No. 23-24; and Are You The Next Big Star? (GMA-7), from No. 17 to No. 26.
The "newcomers or re-entries" were Ngayon at Kailanman (No. 21), George and Cecil (No. 27-29), Hole In The Wall (No. 27-29), and Daisy Siete (No. 30). All shows, except for George and Cecil, are from the Kapuso network.
Meanwhile, the following shows were "bumped off" from the Top 30: ABS-CBN's XXX and The Wedding, and GMA-7's Pinoy Records and All Star K.
The Kapuso network still leads ABS-CBN in terms of channel rating (16.7 percent vs. 15.1 percent) and audience share (37.7 percent vs. 34.2 percent).
GMA-7 had 16 shows in the Top 30, while ABS-CBN had 13 and TV5 had one.
Here are the Top 30 programs from July 12 to 18, 2009 based on the survey of AGB Nielsen Philippines among Total Urban Luzon TV households:
- May Bukas Pa (ABS-CBN) - 31%
- Tayong Dalawa (ABS-CBN) - 30%
- Zorro (GMA-7) - 29.9%
- 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 29.1%
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 28.9%
- Only You (ABS-CBN) - 28.7%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 27.5%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 25.8%
- Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 25.6%
- Rosalinda (GMA-7) - 24.4%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 24.2%
- Boys Over Flowers (ABS-CBN) - 23.8%
- Talentadong Pinoy (TV5) - 22.9%
- All My Life (GMA-7) - 22.8%
- Adik Sa 'Yo (GMA-7) - 22.3%
- Kung Aagawin Mo ang Lahat Sa Akin (GMA-7) - 22.2%
- Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 21.8%
- Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 21.7%
- Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 21.5%
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) - 21.3%
- Ngayon at Kailanman (GMA-7) - 20.3%
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 19.9%
23-24. The Singing Bee (ABS-CBN) - 19.6%
23-24. Kap's Amazing Stories (GMA-7) - 19.6%
25. Cinema FPJ: Agila ng Maynila (ABS-CBN) - 19.5%
26. Are You The Next Big Star? (GMA-7) - 19%
27-29. George and Cecil (ABS-CBN) - 18.9%
27-29. Hole In The Wall (GMA-7) - 18.9%
27-29. Kambal Sa Uma (ABS-CBN) - 18.9%
30. Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 18.8%
Source: AGB Nielsen Phils.