The controversy regarding actor John Estrada and a male model had them allegedly having a heated argument during Douglas Quijano's 40th day and birthday celebration last July 23 at Club Filipino in Greenhills, San Juan City.
According to reports, John allegedly confronted the male model when the party was about to end because the actor thought the model was making a move on his girlfriend, Brazilian beauty queen Priscilla Meirelles.
Since not much detail was given, rumors emerged ranging from the two having a verbal argument to actually duking it out. Questions had been raised the past few days and answering them was finally granted by John today, August 1, through Startalk host Ricky Lo who asked him via telephone what it was all about.
"Alam n'yo naman sa artista, nama-magnify ang kuwento," explained John. "Parang magnified na ang kuwento at pinalaki na. Actually, kausap ko naman manager niya [male model] the night after."
However, John did not elaborate about his conversation with the model's manager and even about the incident.
John was also asked about his reaction about his ex-wife Janice de Belen's statement that she does not want to work with her ex-husband in a movie.
After giving a short laugh, the actor said, "E, nasa kanya naman 'yon. I mean, wala naman akong pinipiling artista na makakatrabaho. If that's her decision, wala akong magagawa doon, di ba?"
This response from John probably has something to do with his getting happily engaged to girlfriend Priscilla Meirelles. Since the two are set to marry in 2011, has John already informed his children about the marriage?
"Yes," said John. "Nakausap ko na mga anak ko at medyo natuwa naman sila. Sinabi lang nila sa akin, 'Kapag masaya ka dad, masaya na din kami.'"