Nine programs from GMA-7, five shows from ABS-CBN, and two entries from TV5 are competing in the prestigious 2012 New York Festivals TV and Film Awards Competition.
Now on its 55th year, this award-giving body aims to honor the "world’s best work in programming."
Award-winning television and film industry experts chose the shortlist from entries submitted from 40 countries worldwide.
The awarding ceremony will take place on April 17, 2012 in Las Vegas.
The Kapuso shows that received nominations are as follows:
1) Front Row: Bente Dos (Twenty-Two) - Biography/Profiles
2) Report Card (anchored by Dingdong Dantes and Mike Enriquez) - Community Portraits
3) Pluma: Si Rizal, Ang Dakilang Manunulat (Rizal, The Great Writer) - History & Society
4) Born To Be Wild: The Born Expeditions Finale The Monster of Mae Klong and The Great White Shark - Nature & Wildlife category
5) Front Row: Yaman Sa Basura (Child Urban Miners) - Social
6) I-Witness: Gintong Putik - Issues/Current Events
7) I-Witness: Lapnos (Burn) - Issues/Current Events
8) Reel Time: Lusong (Live to Dive) - Issues/Current Events
9) Reel Time: Tira (Infected) - Issues/Current Events
Meanwhile, five entries from ABS-CBN’s News and Public Affairs garnered the following nominations:
1) TV Patrol: Storm Juaning (anchored by Korina Sanchez, Noli de Castro and Ted Failon) - Best Newscast
2) Storyline - Biography/Profiles
3) EDSA25: Sulyap sa Kasaysayan (A Glimpse of History) - History & Society
4) Rated K / Kwento ng Buhay Ko (This Is My Life) (hosted by Korina Sanchez) - Magazine Format category
5) Krusada (Crusade) - Social Issues/Current Events category
TV5’s nominations are:
1) Wanted: Child Special - Community Service Programs
2) News 5 Debates: A Challenge For Change - Politics