Kasabay ng halos walang tigil na pagbuhos ng ulan ay ang tila wala ring humpay na pag-tweet ng mga artista sa kanilang Twitter accounts.
Malaking bagay ito para sa mga gustong ma-rescue at mag-rescue dahil mas napapabilis ang information dissemination, lalo pa’t karamihan sa mga stars ay may daan-daang followers.
’Ika nga ni KC Montero, ngayon ang akmang panahon para magamit sa mabuti ang Twitter power.
Ang tweet ng host sa account niyang @KCMontero: “Showbiz people, you should use twitter today to help others not yourselves.”
Samantala, sa Twitter din nagbigay ng update ang Starstruck alumna na si Sheena Halili, na kani-kanina lang ay umiyak sa 24 Oras dahil hindi makontak ang pamilya sa Pampanga.
Narito ang kanyang post mahigit isang oras matapos ang kanyang panawagan: @mysheenahalili : “Thank God okay napo family ko..narescue napo sila nila dad..magkakasama napo sila ngaun..thank you GMA sa help and sa mga nagtweet!”
Nagluto naman ang celebrity stylist/ writer na si Jenni Epperson para sa mga apektado ng baha.
Ayon sa magkasunod niyang tweets sa @JenniEpperson:
"Sarap magluto para sa mga nangangailangan!"
"To those who feel helpless or want to donate, you don’t have to do anything grand--charity starts at home & in your neighborhood. Help out."
Heto ang ilan pa sa mga posts ng concerned celebrities sa popular na microblogging site:
Sharon Cuneta @sharon_cuneta12 : I am In Sydney and I am so sad to read the news about all of you back in the Philippines -- the rains are scaring me again. It seems like a never-ending process of suffering-recovering. I will say a prayer for you all. Pls. do not lose faith or hope. Hang in there. God bless and protect you. I love you and am thinking of all of you. Please take care.
Miriam Quiambao @miriamq: To those tweeting me for rescue, pls include name, location and contact number. Thanks!
Christine Babao @ChristineBBabao: Let us also pray for the brave men & women out there who r risking life & limb to save flood victims.
@KCMontero: Anybody going on rescue runs? I’d like to go. Tell me where to meet up.
Troy Montero @troymontero: If its not an emergency, please don’t leave your home. Rescuers have their hands full with people who really need help.
Lauren Young @loyoung: I really wish I could go out n help but I’m stranded inside my building. Good thing I have the internet. I hope I’m helping out by RT-ing!
Dianne romana @DimplesRomana: Praying for all the families out there who need help and rescue, give them strength Father.
Gabriel Valenciano @gabvalenciano: Pilipinas kong mahal. At this point, we should all focus on our one and only hope, Christ. My heart goes out
Samantala, sa mga gustong mag-donate, heto ang mga announcements:
- Philippine Red Cross is now accepting donations with the help of Multiply. Click http://redcrossph.multiply.com/
- Sagip Kapamilya Hotlines Trunkline: +632-415-2272 loc 3765 Direct line: +632-411-4995 Webste: http://www.sagipkapamilya.com
- For monetary donation through GMA Kapuso Foundation, click this LINK for the bank account numbers. The GMAKF also accepts donations through Cebuana Lhuillier branches nationwide.
- For cash donations to Alagang Kapatid Foundation, Inc. BDO Savings Account No. 005310-410164 | Bank of the Philippine Islands Savings Account No. 1443-05333-2
- The Citizens’ Disaster Response Center posted on its Facebook page that it is accepting donations for families affected by the floods. Donations can be dropped at 72-A Times Street, West Triangle Homes, Quezon City. The disaster management group can be reached at telephone numbers (02) 929-9820 to 22.
- Operation Blessing rescue team is working with the Army to distribute relief goods and warm blankets to residents of Rodriguez, Rizal. GIVE P500 right now so a family can receive a food package or a hygiene kit. Go to http://obphil.com/v2/page/p/emergency-aid-donations.
- Operation Walang Iwanan is now activated at GK Command Center for relief operations for North NCR at HRD Training Center, Department of Agrarian Reform Compound, Quezon City (Take Gate 1). We are ready to accept relief goods— canned goods, instant noodles, water, rice, bread, coffee, sugar, clothes, beddings, soaps. We are also in need of cooked food— cooked rice, hard boiled eggs, nilagang saging, bread and biscuits— to distribute to evacuation centers. You may contact 0906.419.2016 for details or log in to www.gk1world.com/ncr-monsoon-flooding for donations. You may also deposit to GK Current Account #3101 0977 56 BPI EDSA Greenhills Branch. Walang Iwanan!
- McDonald’s stores open in Metro Manila are now accepting donations in kind (rice, noodles, canned goods, etc.) for flood victims.