Baron Geisler says MMA fight with Kiko Matos is "in the works"

Baron Geisler on his mixed martial arts fight with Kiko Matos: "In the works na yung proseso ng kontrata, but yeah. I believe na matutuloy."


It seems like all systems go for the mixed-martial arts exhibition fight between Baron Geisler and Kiko Matos.

The two actors became involved in an altercation recently, triggering both parties to challenge each other to a showdown.

Both Baron and Kiko were then invited by the Universal Reality Combat Championship (URCC) to settle their differences inside the URCC cage.

In an exclusive interview with Baron, he told PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) that the necessary paperworks are being drawn up to facilitate the match.

“In the works na yung proseso ng kontrata, but yeah.

“I believe na matutuloy,” said Baron when he attended the June 8 opening of the 21st French Film Festival held at Central Square, Boni High Street in BGC.

URCC founder and president Alvin Aguilar previously said that there is one requirement needed from Baron and Kiko before the fight takes place: “Magbati muna sila.”

Baron said that he is willing to fulfill the requirement set by the URCC.

“Sa weigh in, I think ipagbabati kami.”

The 34-year-old actor disclosed that he has started training for this much-talked about match.

“Kahapon nag-train ako kaya I feel like sh*t.”

Is he willing to reconcile with Kiko before the bout happens?

“Let's see. Of course, isa yun sa mga requirement ng sport.”

Even if they do reconcile, his match with Kiko will still push through, says Baron.

Right now, is he still angry at Kiko?

“Sa ngayon, wala pa akong...Play it by ear.

“Right now I just want to enjoy this event,” he said about the 21st French Film Festival.

The June 25 match will take place at Valkyrie, The Palace, with the proceeds going to charity.


WE RECOMMEND


FROM THE SUMMIT MEDIA NETWORK


SPONSORED CONTENT


COMMENTS

Loading comments

THIS JUST IN