The Miss Universe Philippines 2021 started with a presentation of all the 28 candidates from different parts of the country.
Then the special awards were awarded to select ladies from the pageant:
- Face of Belo Sun Expert: Katrina Dimaranan (Taguig)
- Miss Copper Mask: Princess Kristha Singh (Pasig)
- Miss Organic Barley: Leren Mae Bautista (Laguna)
- Miss Kpads: Janela Joy Cuaton (Albay)
- Miss Save Point Plus: Katrina Dimaranan (Taguig)
- Miss Air Asia: Maureen Wroblewitz (Pangasinan)
- Miss Jojo Bragais: Leren Mae Bautista (Laguna)
- Miss Red Fox Labs: Kisses Delavin (Masbate)
- Miss Hennan: Maureen Wroblewitz (Pangasinan)
- Best in National Costume: Maria Corazon Abalos(Mandaluyong)
Then the Top 16 contenders (in no particular order) have been announced by host KC Montero:
1. Kisses Delavin (Masbate)
2. Maureen Wroblewitz (Pangasinan)
3. Christelle Abello (Aklan)
4. Chella Grace Falconer (Misamis Oriental)
5. Izabella Jasmine Umali (Manila)
6. Janela Joy Cuaton (Albay)
7. Victoria Velasquez Vincent (Cavite)
8. Mirjan Hipolito (Angeles City)
9. Maria Corazon Abalos (Mandaluyong)
10. Katrina Dimaranan (Taguig)
11. Steffi Rose Aberasturi (Cebu Province)
12. Leren Mae Bautista (Laguna)
13. Maria Ingrid Teresita Santamaria (Parañaque)
14. Jane Nicole Miñano (Romblon)
15. Rousanne Marie Bernos (San Juan)
16. Beatrice Luigi Gomez (Cebu City)
Kisses Delavin was hailed as the Lazada winner with the highest number of fan votes.
This year's panel of judges are Joanne Golong-Gomez (commercial director of Hilton Manila), Sam Verzosa (CEO and co-founder of FRONTROW Philippines), Dr. Vicki Belo (founder and medical director of The Belo Medical Group), Jojie Lloren (former president of the Young Designers Guild and The Fashion and Design Council of the Philippines), and Sheila Romero (vice chairman of Air Asia Philippines).
Soon after the top 16 candidates were announced, they went through an initial Q&A portion.