PEP EXCLUSIVE. Valeen Montenegro denies causing the separation of Joe Oconer and Ciara Sotto

by Karen A.P. Caliwara
Mar 10, 2016
Valeen Montenegro at the launch of MAC Cosmetics' Flamingo collection

For a lady who recently became the subject of a controversy, Valeen Montenegro looked quite unruffled.

Clad in a yellow Forever 21 top and white Topshop skirt, she and her friends had fun posing at the park area and photo wall during the launch of MAC’s Flamingo Park collection for Spring 2016, earlier, March 9.

Continue reading below ↓

Photo: @valeentawak on Instagram

Continue reading below ↓
Recommended Videos

When PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) approached her for an interview, she casually said “Okay.”

Asking her about beauty and fashion was such a breeze.

Her OOTDs, she said, are normally based on “how I feel.”

She added, “Kakagaling ko lang sa sakit.

“Now, I feel much better kaya I'm wearing bright colors, para tuluy-tuloy ang paggaling ko.”

Continue reading below ↓

That became our cue to ask, "How are you now?"

She simply answered, “I’m okay.”

We brought up the recent controversy she got herself embroiled in.

“Ah, yeah, yeah, yeah,” she said, sounding very polite.

The 25-year-old Kapuso actress is allegedly the third party in the separation of Joe Oconer and Ciara Sotto.

The youngest daughter of Senator Tito Sotto and Helen Gamboa made the announcement on her Instagram account last January 15.

Read: Ciara Sotto admits separation from husband Joe Oconer

“How am I taking it?” Valeen asked, repeating our question.

“Siyempre, it's not... ano ba, it's not something na I experience every day, so parang nagulat din ako.”

But did you have anything to do with the separation?

Almost in a whisper, she said, “No, no, no.”

Where did the rumor come from?

She didn’t say anything, but her hand gesture was akin to “I don’t know.”

Valeen resumed, “Actually, I don't wanna talk about it din in a way na wala akong pakialam kasi, it's something na...it's really big for them, and there are other people involved.”

Continue reading below ↓

We pointed out she had been judged by people, and called her names.

Doesn’t she feel the need to defend herself?

“First, wala naman po kasi ring lumapit sa akin, wala ring nagtanong.

“Saka it's best not to say anything, let the issue die a natural death.”

Was her decision to just keep quiet her own?

“I cannot talk about it. The talent management also advised me not to.”

Does she really think silence is the best reaction?

“Yeah. Sorry, I really don’t want to talk about it.”

Before we decided to drop the topic, we asked: Has she talked to any of them, referring to Joe and Ciara?

“No.”

Lastly, what are her upcoming projects?

“Hopefully, I'm starting a new soap with Ate Regine Velasquez.

“Ayun, I'm starting to work with her, first time na I'm gonna be working with her.

“It's called Poor Senorita,” ended the talent of Olive de Jesus.

Continue reading below ↓
Read Next
Read More Stories About
Valeen Montenegro
Latest Stories

Isa ka bang showbiz fan na laging updated at naghahanap ng latest chika? Share what you know.

Join Now
Trending in Summit Media Network

Featured Searches:

Read the Story →
Valeen Montenegro at the launch of MAC Cosmetics' Flamingo collection
  • This article was created by . Edits have been made by the PEP.ph editors.
    Poll

    View Results
    Total Votes: 12,184
  • 50%
  • View Results