PH358, ibinahagi ang detalyadong pakikipaglaban at pagwawagi kontra COVID-19

by Jojo Gabinete
Mar 30, 2020
Rogelio Bueno Jr., also known as Patient 358, gives details about his battle with COVID-19. On the 12th day of his confinement, Bueno was tested negative. And on the 15th, he was discharged from the hospital.
PHOTO/S: Facebook / Screen grab from 24 Oras

Bukod sa mga gamot na ibinigay sa kanya para sa COVID-19, ang panonood ng TikTok videos na ipinadadala sa kanya ang isa sa mga nakapagpagaan sa pakiramdam ni Rogelio Bueno Jr.

Si Bueno ay confined sa ospital bilang PH358.

"To my Felix and Calica family, for the love, prayers, support and tiktok videos which made the stay bearable," pasasalamat ni Bueno sa kanyang Facebook post kahapon, March 29.

In denial daw siya nang sabihin ng kanyang asawang si Joanna na baka COVID-19 ang sakit.

Ito ay matapos niyang mawalan ng panlasa, nagkaroon ng mataas na lagnat, at nahirapan sa paghinga.

Sagot ni Bueno sa asawa: "Malakas katawan ko and ang taba ko, di ako tatablan n’yan.”

Pero makalipas ang ilang araw, nakumpirmang COVID-19 positive siya.


Ito ay bahagi ng kuwento ni Bueno tungkol sa mga naranasan niya nang tamaan siya ng coronavirus:

Saturday morning, my mom brought me to the Emergency Room because my fever was not going down and I was having difficulty of breathing again, and this time, I could only give one word answers.

Continue reading below ↓

“At the ER, blood was again extracted to the point that I could not even feel the pain even after numerous needle insertions, even the ABG because all that matter was my breathing.

Continue reading below ↓
Recommended Videos

“It felt like I was drowning and was gasping for air even though I had oxygen via nasal cannula. My comorbid conditions made matter worse, I am asthmatic, diabetic and hypertensive.

“My blood sugar was twice the normal and blood pressure went as high as 150/90. Covid test was done and it was very painful - they insert one very long stick per nostril and one for the throat swab.

“That night, I was very scared, thoughts were running in my mind, 'Ambata pa ni Joanna para maging widow, mamamatay ako na di ko man lang naenjoy buhay ko, sana may baby kame para at least my remembrance.'

"I was already giving up and was preparing myself for the worse, my wife was crying but she kept saying, ‘Laban, kaya mo yan!’

Continue reading below ↓

"She told me to pray together and just concentrate on getting better, telling me to repeat, ‘Gagaling ako, may purpose pa ako.’

"The next two days were very hard for me, still with difficulty of breathing but now I began to feel very hot because of the IV meds. I could not sleep because I could not breathe.

"I could not go to the CR, three steps and I would be breathless so I had to pee beside the bed in a bottle. I had to wake up Joanna to get the urinal or get me water at 2-3 am because that was when I felt the hottest. Blood sugar was taken four times a day, wherein I was given insulin if the value is above 140 before meals and 110 at night.

"During my fourth hospital day, fever broke, and I was now able to go to the CR but I would still be breathless. My wife had to carry the IV stand, complete with infusion pump and numerous meds that it looked like a Christmas tree.

Continue reading below ↓

"Aside from the occasional difficulty of breathing and diarrhea (because of the meds), I was feeling better and positive. Negative thoughts were gone from my mind and I spent the the day praying, thanking God, asking protection for Joanna, promising to be a better person. I had 2 chest X-rays with the same result - Progressing pneumonia, minimal pleural effusion.

"On our 6th day, result came out — positive for COVID- 19. IV meds were discontinued and shifted to oral chloroquine and azithromycin.

"By day 7, two more chest X-rays still showed progressing pneumonia but I was feeling 40-50% better.

"I was still having difficulty of breathing but I could hold my breath for 3-5 seconds during my breathing exercises. My blood sugar was already controlled so insulin and CBG monitoring was stopped. Day 8, COVID test was repeated where we had to wait for 4 more days.

"Day 9-10, I could now go to 5-7 seconds holding my breath. Two more chest X-rays were done, showing no change, still with pneumonia, pleural effusion but at least its not progressing anymore.

Continue reading below ↓

"Day 11, I was feeling around 70-75% better, difficulty of breathing was less frequent. I could now go to the CR alone. I fixed my things and took first bath after 10 days.

"Day 12, result of COVID test came back negative. I could now remove nasal cannula for 3-5 hrs without difficulty of breathing.

"Day 13, I could now last a day without oxygen.

"Day 14, we received the greatest news, I am asymptomatic, and for discharge.

"Day 15 I went home, I could now hold my breath for 10 seconds."

Lubos ang pasasalamat ni Bueno sa Diyos at sa mga nag-alaga sa kanya sa matagumpay na pakikipaglaban niya sa COVID-19.

Ibinahagi rin ni Bueno ang kanyang pakikipaglaban sa COVID-19 sa 24 Oras ng GMA-7 ngayong Lunes ng gabi, March 30.

Continue reading below ↓
Get the latest stories on COVID-19.
All you need to know from your trusted Summit Media network. Sign up here for regular updates delivered to your mailbox.
The email address you entered is invalid.
Thank you for signing up. We'll send updates directly to your inbox!
Read Next
Latest Stories

Isa ka bang showbiz fan na laging updated at naghahanap ng latest chika? Share what you know.

Join Now
Trending in Summit Media Network

Featured Searches:

Read the Story →
Rogelio Bueno Jr., also known as Patient 358, gives details about his battle with COVID-19. On the 12th day of his confinement, Bueno was tested negative. And on the 15th, he was discharged from the hospital.
PHOTO/S: Facebook / Screen grab from 24 Oras
  • This article was created by . Edits have been made by the editors.

    View Results
    Total Votes: 12,184
  • 50%
  • View Results