Workers in essential businesses can check in for a staycation at The Peninsula Manila in Makati City, hotel management said.
The hotel has received accreditation from the Inter-Agency Task Force and the Department of Tourism to operate as a staycation hotel. Non-staycation hotels are classified as quarantine hotels.
Called the "Get Back to Business" package, amenities include a complimentary rapid antigen testing for guests, flexible 24-hour stay, a daily in-room breakfast for two, and 24/7 Internet services. Rates start at PHP6,300.
"Contactless options, including online reservations, check-in and check-out, payments, and room service delivery; stringent room cleaning; guests and employees required to wear face coverings; and practicing social distancing are but the tip of the iceberg of our best practices that create and ensure a safe environment for all our guests and employees," said Loleth So, The Peninsula Manila director of sales and marketing.
"We are strictly adhering to the advice of government authorities, following stringent health and safety guidelines," the hotel said in a statement.
The Peninsula Manila also recently created the position of Director of Safety to ensure that hygiene standards are met in rooms, restaurants, and other public spaces to keep guests and staff employees safe.
These IATF-credited Authorized Persons Outside Residence are considered essential workers and can book a staycation:
- Health/emergency frontline services
- Manufacturers of vitamins/medicines, medical supplies, devices, and equipment
- Industries involved in agriculture, forestry, and fisheries
- Logistics service providers
- Priority construction projects
- Food and essential goods manufacturing
- Companies that manufacture, distribute, and supply equipment/products necessary for construction/maintenance works
- Essential retail trade/service establishments
- Food preparation establishments (takeout/delivery only)
- Telecommunications, internet service, cable TV providers
- Airline/aircraft maintenance, pilots and crew, employees of aviation schools as well as ships' captains and crew
- Funeral and embalming services
- Security personnel
- Printing establishments
- Repair/maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Repair/maintenance of motorized/non-motorized vehicles
- Leasing of real/personal properties
- Recruitment and placement
- Teachers, professors
For more information, visit The Peninsula Manila website.