Crowd scenes are no longer allowed once movie and television shoots resume their operations.
This, and other rules, will become the "new normal" in the fight against the spread of COVID-19.
The guidelines for film and TV outfits have been set by Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) chairman Liza Diño-Seguerra.
Film, music, and television productions are allowed to resume operations under the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) and General Community Quarantine (GCQ) effective today, May 16.
In a Laging Handa press briefing on Friday, May 15, Liza released the guidelines for pre-production, production/principal photography, and post-production.
One guideline limits the number of production people to 50.
Liza made particular mention of scenes that entail a large group of people or those that simulate mass gatherings. These are no longer allowed.
She said, "Ang mga malalaking eksena, yung mga eksena that constitute mass gatherings katulad ng mga night club scenes, political rallies, mga
concerts, parada, festivals, mga malalaking parties.
"Siyempre, it involves people at mahihirapan tayong ma-control iyon dahil, number one, ipinagbabawal sa atin ngayon iyon."
The guidelines also demand that film workers wear face masks and limit physical contact.
"Pagdating naman sa contact ng ating mga workers, very strict tayo na lahat, dapat may PPE at all times, mula pre-production, production, hanggang post-production, lahat naka-mask.
"Dapat i-limit ang physical contact. As much as possible, no-contact policy, kasi bago pa man gawin ang pelikula, meron na tayong casting, meron tayong pre-production meetings."
These meetings and casting sessions, Liza said, should be done virtually.
Here are the guidelines set by FDCP for television and film production presented during the briefing.
1. Movement/physical distancing restrictions
2. Maximum number of people on set must be limited to 50 people
3. Must provide history of travel within the last four weeks
4. Casting must be done remotely over video conferences or using self-tapes
ON SET BEHAVIOR: HEALTH PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
1. A certified nurse must be present on set at all times
2. All shoot attendees must undergo temperature checks before entering the set
3. Anyone exhibiting mild or severe symptoms of COVID-19 is not permitted entry to the set
4. A skeleton workforce system must be utilized to limit numbers of cast and crew on the set
5. The production company must provide face masks to its cast and crew
6. Camera/s must be two meters away from a talent at all times
7. All holding areas for talents and crew must be set up outside, if possible, for better ventilation
8. Interior spaces must have enough ventilation
ON SET SANITATION AND HYGIENE
1. There must be handwashing areas on the set
2. Any wardrobe to be used must be certified to have undergone deep cleaning before and after the shoot
FOOD AND CATERING
1. All drinks must be in single-serve containers, ie, water bottles and cans
2. Sit-down meals must be set up to have a one-meter distance between seats
1. Mass gatherings are restricted:
E.g. a night club scene, church congregation, political demonstration, parades and festivities, sports and any public tournaments, large concerts, and championship games
(Alam mo ba ang latest sa showbiz? Find out kung anong level ang showbiz IQ mo by subscribing to PEP.ph Viber Chatbot here: https://bit.ly/PEPBotQuiz)