Third MYX Music awards to be held on March 26

by Jocelyn Dimaculangan
Feb 18, 2008
The nominees for the third edition of the MYX Music Awards were selected from all the music videos aired on the music channel from January 1, 2007, to December 31, 2007.

Now on its third year, the MYX Music Awards will be presented at the Meralco Theater on Wednesday, March 26. MYX, the music channel of ABS-CBN, assembles an impressive roster of performers and presenters for a night of the best music that the industry can offer.

Garnering the most nominations in the 2008 MYX Music Awards are rock groups Bamboo and Chicosci with 5 nods each. They are closely followed by pop princess Sarah Geronimo, rapper Gloc 9, and last year's biggest winner Sponge Cola who all received 4 nominations. In the second edition of the MMA, Sponge Cola received four awards: Favorite Artist, Favorite Group Award, Favorite Rock Video, and Favorite Song for their composition "Bitiw."

Expect MYX to make rounds in various malls where fans and OPM artists can cast their votes. Artists' votes will account for 40% of the overall tally while the remaining 60% will come from viewers' votes.

Continue reading below ↓

The voting period is from February 7 to March 10. Just tune in to MYX 24/7 on Skycable Channel 23 for the latest update on the MYX Music Awards.

Here are the MYX Music Awards 2008 nominees:

Favorite Music Video: Probinsyana by Bamboo; Magbalik by Callalily; Vampire Social Club by Chicosci; Sundo by Imago; and Tuliro by Sponge Cola

Song of the Year: Magsasaya by 6Cyclemind; Vampire Social Club by Chicosci; Ikaw by Sarah Geronimo; Ikaw Lamang by Silent Sanctuary; Wag Kang Umiyak by Sugarfree

Artist of the Year: 6Cyclemind; Callalily; Chicosci; Sarah Geronimo; and Sponge Cola

Favorite Male Artist: Christian Bautista; Erik Santos; Gloc 9; Janno Gibbs; and Piolo Pascual

Favorite Female Artist: Jaya; Kyla; Rachelle Ann Go; Sarah Geronimo; and Toni Gonzaga

Favorite Group: 6Cyclemind; Bamboo; Callalily; Chicosci; and Sponge Cola

Favorite Rock Video: Tatsulok by Bamboo; Vampire Social Club by Chicosci; Seksi Seksi by Kamikazee; Will You Ever Learn by Typecast; and Guillotine by Urbandub

Continue reading below ↓

Favorite Mellow Video: Is It Over by Jaya MMA; Love Will Lead You Back by Kyla; Only Reminds Me Of You by M.Y.M.P.; Alam ng Ating Mga Puso by Rachelle Ann Go; and Catch Me I'm Fallin' by Toni Gonzaga

Favorite Urban Video: Summertime by 7 Shots of Wisdom; Back into You by Amber Davis; Ikaw (Humanap Ka ng Pangit Part 2) by Andrew E; Like That by Billy Crawford; Lando by Gloc9 & Francis M

Favorite Collaboration: Christian Bautista and Rachelle Ann Go in Pag-ibig Na Kaya; Gloc9 and Francis M in Lando Mcoy and the Spaceflower Show in Salawikain; Regine Velasquez and Piolo Pascual in Paano Kita Iibigin; and Rivermaya and Raymund Marasigan in Inosente Lang ang Nagtataka

Favorite Remake: Tatsulok by Bamboo; Mahirap Magmahal ng Syota ng Iba by Hilera; Is It Over by Jaya; Love Will Lead You Back by Kyla; and Ale by The Bloomfields

Continue reading below ↓

Favorite New Artist: Julianne; Lala; Sam Concepcion; Silent Sanctuary; and The Bloomfields

Favorite Indie Artist: Ciudad; Felepinas; Kjwan; Radioactive Sago Project; and Updharmadown

Favorite International Video: Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne; Teenagers by My Chemical Romance; Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus; Umbrella by Rihanna; and Jenny by The Click Five

Favorite Guest Appearance in a Video: Alfred Vargas in All This Time by Rufa Mae Quinto; Bella Flores in Dear Kuya by Sugarfree; Jake Cuenca and Roxanne Guinoo in Haplos by Shamrock; Kaye Abad in Director's Cut by Kamikazee; and Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson in Love Team by Itchyworms

Favorite Media Soundtrack: Aiza Seguerra, Para Sa `yo in Ysabella; Bamboo, Argos in Rounin; Gary Valenciano, Sana Maulit Muli in Sana Maulit Muli; Nikki Gil, Gotta Go My Own Way in High School Musical 2; and Sponge Cola, Tuloy Pa Rin in Pedro Penduko at ang Mga Engkantao

Continue reading below ↓

Favorite MYX Celebrity VJ: Judy Ann Santos; Kjwan; Parokya ni Edgar; Rufa Mae Quinto; and Sarah Geronimo

Favorite MYX Live Performance: Gloc 9; Jed Madela; Pupil; Regine Velasquez /Piolo Pascual; and Sugarfree

Favorite MYX Bandarito Performance: Bagetsafonik; Duster; Reklamo; Quadro; and Zelle

Winners are determined by the public voting through SMS.

Read Next
Read More Stories About
MYX Music Awards, MYX, music
Latest Stories
Trending in Summit Media Network

Featured Searches:

Read the Story →
The nominees for the third edition of the MYX Music Awards were selected from all the music videos aired on the music channel from January 1, 2007, to December 31, 2007.
  • This article was created by . Edits have been made by the editors.

    View Results
    Total Votes: 12,184
  • 50%
  • View Results