Jaya goes back to basics in her latest album All Souled Out, her first album under Universal Records. The album gathers some of the most romantic ditties interpreted in a very honest, heartfelt, and a soulful manner.
"You’ll hear a different Jaya here in All Souled Out," declares Jaya.
"You will hear songs interpreted with full of soul and devoid of screams."
The album features 12 smooth soul classics including Patti Austin’s "Any Other Fool," Dianne Reeves’s "Land of the Loving," Roberta Flack’s "Making Love," Glady’s Knight’s "Neither One of Us," Aretha Franklin’s "You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman," among others.
All Souled Out celebrates the beautiful marriage of sound and romance. This album’s predecessor, the Platinum-certified Soul in Love, was rendered from a man’s point of view. In All Souled Out, songs are interpreted from the woman’s core.
All Souled Out is Jaya’s debut album with Universal Records. She joins the elite roster of the label including Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Christian Bautista, Jed Madela, Nina, Billy Crawford, and fellow Party Pilipnas artists Jay-R, Regine Velasquez, and Ogie Alcasid.
According to Jaya, her move to join a new label signals a rebirth.
"Being part of a powerhouse roster of artists has its own set of pressures, but Universal has been very supportive and professional. I am very impressed," shares Jaya.
"They [Universal Records] really know what direction to take for the album."
All Souled Out is already available.
- Any Other Fool (Originally sung by Patti Austin)
- Making Love (Originally sung by Roberta Flack)
- Land of the Loving (Originally sung by Dianne Reeves)
- Just the Two of Us (Originally sung by Bill Withers)
- Too Shy to Say (Originally sung by Stevie Wonder)
- Neither One of Us (Originally sung by Gladys Knight & The Pips)
- At Your Best (Your Are Love) (Originally sung by The Isley Brothers)
- (Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay (Originally sung by Otis Redding)
- Let’s Stay Together (Originally sung by Al Green)
- If You Don’t Know Me By Now (Originally sung by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes)
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Originally sung by Aretha Franklin)
- I Keep Forgettin’ (Originally sung by Michael McDonald)