The details surrounding the wedding of the recently-engaged Sir Chief and Maya, the popular characters of the smash morning soap Be Careful With My Heart, are elaborate, making the occasion very realistic.
Ginny Ocampo, the teleserye’s business unit head, revealed today, November 4, that producing this episode will be costly mainly due to the technical requirements. Their sponsors, however, have thankfully lessened their expenditure.
“We’re going to shoot it continuous, yung buong ceremony nung kasal. Gagawin naming dire-diretso para [makuha] yung experience and the solemnity nung occasion,” she informed members of the media who attended the press conference at the G Hotel in Roxas Boulevard.
Ocampo also pointed out that while the episode is tagged Sir Chief and Maya’s “fairy tale wedding,” the event was deliberately kept simple to make it consistent with Maya’s modest character.
The ceremony at the church (yes, it’s a church wedding!) will consume the whole airing time on November 15, which means everything that normally follows after it—reception and honeymoon will have its own episodes.
AS REALISTIC AS POSSIBLE. More than their own weddings in real life, Richard Yap and Jodi Sta. Maria who play Sir Chief and Maya respectively, admit that Be Careful With My Heart’s version of a nuptial is utterly more grand and complex.
According to Richard, they even had a pre-nuptial photo shoot, pre-marriage counselling, and wedding rehearsals!
The 46-year-old commercial model-turned-TV heartthrob feels so “surreal” that it’s almost real.
“May wedding jitters nga kaming dalawa, e!” Richard even joked.
Jodi, on the other hand, feels that the only thing missing during the taping of the episode would be an actual marriage contract.
“Minsan nga sinasabi ko, 'Naku, kaunti na lang! Papel na lang ang kulang dito!’ Kasi parang totoong-totoo from the rehearsals to the preparations.
“Kung ano talaga ang pinagdaraanan ng isang couple bago sila ikasal, ganung-ganun din yung pinagdadaanan ni Maya and ni Sir Chief!”
In her mind, she wants it to be as Maya wants it to be—“simple, elegant and classy.”
DETAILS. Although the exact location of the wedding was not disclosed, here are a few more facts that PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) obtained regarding Sir Chief and Maya’s wedding:
1. The color motif will be blue and yellow.
2. The wedding invitation will look like a passport, which alludes to Maya’s occupation—a flight attendant— after becoming an accidental nanny to Sir Chief’s three children namely, Abby (Mutya Orquia), Luke (Jerome Ponce), and Nikki (Janella Salvador).
3. Sunflowers are Sir Chief’s flower of choice for the wedding because it is a reminder of Maya’s optimism in life.
4. Maya’s wedding gown will be created by designer Avel Bacudio.
5. A honeymoon in Japan will follow after the wedding. Among Maya’s requests is to experience snow, which Sir Chief will grant as a grand gesture of his love.